Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer (m/f/o) - Space Industry Luxembourg
- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
LuxSpace Sàrl is a member of the OHB group family.
LuxSpace vision is to technologically enable the use of Space by players with great missions on Earth. Leveraging our flight heritage and our 15+ years hands-on experience, our team builds the vision by reshaping the way microsatellite solutions and Space based services are conceived, developed, and delivered.
LuxSpace focuses on:
- Complete microsatellite systems in the 20-200 Kg class
- Space systems and subsystems design, specification, procurement, manufacturing, integration, and testing. This includes structure, TT&C subsystems, electronics, Radio Frequency, power supply, AOCS, simulators, on- board software, GSEs and all major elements of satellites
- Satellite services and applications with a focus on Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Earth Observation (EO)
Our OHB LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers a dynamic and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and flexible working time options.
OHB LuxSpace is looking for motivated candidates to join for an exciting opportunity as:
Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
For the design and development of space borne Avionic units (e.g.: On-Board Computer (OBC)), LuxSpace is recruiting for permanent employment an experienced (7y +) Electronics Engineer from the industry or space domain.
An experienced digital and analog electronics developer with emphasis on on-board computer, peripheries & interfaces. Experience in embedded software and FPGA firmware design is considered a plus.
Activities comprise schematics and layout design as well as requirements and architectural engineering. Experience in selecting electronic components suitable for space applications is considered an asset.
Skills and Typical tasks to be performed include:
- Analog and digital circuit design
- Embedded system hardware architecture design
- Hardware and EMC debugging
- Close collaboration with embedded software development and system engineering
- Use of simulation tools for design and analysis of digital and analog circuits
- Elaboration of requirement specification.
- Flow down from unit- to board level requirements and their justification
- Provision of design documentation like: Technical notes, design description, worst case analysis etc.
- Review of design documentation from external suppliers and participation to review meetings
- Interfacing and collaborating with other roles as required
- Other tasks and duties assigned by manager(s)
- Temporarily or permanently performing other reasonable and equivalent duties
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Degree, diploma or equivalent education in Electronics; plus relevant proven work experience
- 7+ years of professional work experience in relevant fields
- Experience in project work
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Knowledge of digital electronics (microprocessors, memories etc.)
- Knowledge of analog circuits
- Knowledge of digital communication standards
- Adequate leadership and managerial skills in technical aspects
- Willingness to learn new tools and systems
- Excellent sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Structured hands-on work-approach
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer oriented thinking-approach
- Positive spirit to work and interface with a multinational team
- Willingness and availability to work flexible in line with project needs and schedules
- Willingness to travel from time to time if needed
- Languages: Good English language skills (spoken and written), German and/or French knowledge considered an asset
- In line with applicable (immigration) legislation, all candidates must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg / be an EU / EEA citizen, and possess all applicable work and residence permissions for Luxembourg.
- Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from the applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- In view of the nature of projects concerned and job profile, candidates may have to undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
- Readiness and eligibility for security clearance procedures may be required from candidates.
- Dynamic, innovative, challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
Contract Type / Information:
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working time options
Your Online Application:
- Please in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (Europass appreciated)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)
Please apply solely online via our LuxSpace Career Website. Thank you!