- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Micro Satellites & Aerospace Systems
- Micro satellites, space systems and subsystem design, specification, manufacturing and test
- Space applications, service development and operation
LuxSpace Sàrl (LU) is offering Micro Satellites, TT&C subsystems, system consultancy, engineering, integration and application services, as well as related R&D, to national and international customers.
Founded 2004 as a subsidiary of OHB SE (DE), LuxSpace works with international agencies like ESA and EU aside Space industry, satellite operators and national institutions.
LuxSpace currently employs a team of 60 - 70 highly skilled and motivated professionals.
The company offers an interesting, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and a flexible working time model.
In order to adapt and develop further our in-house time-management and ERP software, LuxSpace is recruiting for immediate employment a Software Programmer. This opportunity is specifically established for students from Luxembourg or the neighbouring countries who wish to gain practical experience and apply their knowledge in an exciting and agile environment.
The position is in the first instance scheduled for a 1 year employment with a flexible weekly working time of 10 - 15 hours / week.
The incumbent will be offered a wide range of flexibility.
Due to the LuxSpace flexible working time model, the particular working hours and work from remote can be individually agreed and adapted to the students respective curriculum.
Job Profile and Tasks to be Performed:
Being part of the Software Team, the Software Programmer will adapt and develop further the LuxSpace in-house time-management and ERP software in response to the specifications provided by LuxSpace management and administration. The activity also comprises adhoc support to to frontend or backend users in case of technical issues.
Candidate Profile, Skills and Qualities:
- Student matriculated in Luxembourg or one of the neighbouring countries
- Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL)
- Ability to familiarize with the documentation of Microsoft Interfaces
- Incorporate such Microsoft Interfaces for software developments / apps
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Project is beneficial
- Practical knowledge of Power-Bi is beneficial
- Ability to work and interface with a multinational team
- Methodical work-approach
- Taking responsibility and being proactive
- Good communication capabilities, analytical sense and priority setting abilities
- Languages: Good English language skills (spoken and written), German will be considered an asset
- EU citizenship or valid Luxembourg work permit mandatory (for nationals from non-EU-countries or countries treated as such). Non-EU citizens without valid Luxembourg work permit cannot be taken into consideration. Information on legal restrictions and requirements: www.guichet.lu
- Fixed-term student employment contract (1 year)
- Regular/full affiliation with social security (Luxembourg)
- Part-time 10 - 15 hours / week
- Flexible working time model
Candidates are welcome to apply in English language by submitting a personal cover letter and CV (Europass format preferred), including salary expectations (hourly gross).