Software Simulations Engineer - Space Industry (m/f)
- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Micro Satellites & Aerospace Systems
- Micro satellites, space systems and subsystem design, specification, manufacturing and test
- Space applications, service development and operation
LuxSpace Sàrl (LU) is offering Micro Satellites, TT&C subsystems, system consultancy, engineering, integration and application services, as well as related R&D, to national and international customers.
Founded 2004 as a subsidiary of OHB SE (DE), LuxSpace works with international agencies like ESA and EU aside Space industry, satellite operators and national institutions.
LuxSpace currently employs a team of 60 - 70 highly skilled and motivated professionals.
The company offers an interesting, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and a flexible working time model.
Software Simulations Engineer (m/f)
In order to reinforce and expand its project and program activities, LuxSpace is recruiting for immediate employment a Software Simulations Engineer.
Job Profile and Tasks to be Performed:
Being part of a team of dedicated engineers, the Software Simulations Engineer will provide support to Project Managers responsible for the design and implementation of Software Satellite Simulators.
The development of the Simulators and Satellite models will be done mainly in C++ and deployed in a variety of available Satellite Simulations platforms (e.g. Simulus, Rufos).
The position covers the complete span from software specification & design, project set-up followed by implementation and test. The duties also include the preparation of ECSS related documentation (requirements specifications, detailed designs, test specifications and reports).
Candidate Profile, Skills and Qualities:
- Relevant Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience in C++ development
- Understanding of space systems
- Work experience in SMP2 based platforms (e.g Simsat, Rufos, Eurosim, SImTG)
- ECSS (ESA Standards)
- Experience/knowledge in the following areas being considered an asset.
- MATLAB/Simulink (s-functions)
- Eclipse / Netbeans
- Java and Java Beans
- Operational Simulators. Ground segment software and
interfaces (Cortex, CCSDS)
- Real-time systems
- Reference Architectures (e.g REFA, SSRA)
- Ability to work and interface with a multinational team
- Methodical work-approach
- Taking responsibility and being proactive
- Good communication capabilities, analytical sense and priority setting abilities
Willingness to travel and be part of a collocated team
- Languages: Good English language skills (spoken and written), German and/or French knowledge will be considered an asset
- EU citizenship or valid Luxembourg work permit mandatory (for nationals from non-EU-countries or countries treated as such). Non-EU citizens without valid Luxembourg work permit cannot be taken into consideration. Information on legal restrictions and requirements: www.guichet.lu
Candidates are welcome to apply in English language by submitting a personal cover letter and CV (Europass format preferred), including salary expectations (annual gross).