Software Simulations Engineer - Space Industry Luxembourg (m/f/o)
- Betzdorf, Luxembourg
The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
- Microsatellites, space systems and subsystem design, specification, manufacturing and test
- Space applications, service development and operation
LuxSpace Sàrl, a member of the OHB group family, is offering Micro Satellites, TT&C subsystems, system consultancy, engineering and integration and application services, as well as related R&D to national and international customers.
"Unique Individuals creating One powerful Team"
Our LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers an interesting and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and a flexible working time model.
Software Simulations Engineer
In order to reinforce and expand its project and program activities, LuxSpace is recruiting for immediate employment a Software Simulations Engineer.
Being part of a team of dedicated engineers, the Software Simulations Engineer will provide support to Project Managers responsible for the design and implementation of Software Satellite Simulators during the complete span from specification to test.
Tasks to be performed:
- Development of the Simulators and Satellite models mainly in C++
- Deployment in a variety of available Satellite Simulations platforms (e.g. Simulus, Rufos)
- Software specification & design
- Participation in project set-up
- Preparation of ECSS related documentation (requirements specifications, detailed designs, test specifications and reports).
Candidate Profile, Skills and Qualities:
- Relevant Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of work experience in C++ development
- Understanding of space systems
- Work experience in SMP2 based platforms (e.g Simsat, Rufos, Eurosim, SImTG)
- ECSS (ESA Standards)
- Experience/knowledge in the following areas being considered an asset:
- MATLAB/Simulink (s-functions)
- Eclipse / Netbeans
- Java and Java Beans
- Operational Simulators
- Ground segment software and interfaces (Cortex, CCSDS)
- Real-time systems
- Reference Architectures (e.g REFA, SSRA)
- Ability to work and interface with a multinational team
- Methodical work-approach, results-oriented
- Self-motivated; taking responsibility and being proactive
- Good communication capabilities, analytical sense and priority setting abilities
- Willingness to work flexible in line with project needs and schedules
- Willingness to travel and to be part of a collocated team for a limited time
- Languages: Good English language skills (spoken and written), German and/or French knowledge will be considered an asset
- EU citizenship or valid Luxembourg work permit mandatory
- Interesting, innovative and challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working model
Your Online Application:
- Please apply in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Provide your CV (Upload or Fill-in) (Europass welcome)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)