Hiring for a Part-time Private Tutor at Luna Education
- 130-10691 Shellbridge Way, Richmond, BC V6X 2W8, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Position: Private Tutor
Location: Travel required within Richmond, BC (Currently can work remotely)
Minimum hours: 8 hours per week
Compensation: Starting $20 per hour
Start date: September 1, 2020
Luna Education is a K-12, after school support, tutoring company based in Richmond, BC. We provide customized learning plans to fit each student’s educational needs, and our tutors use individualized teaching strategies to match each student’s behavioural and learning styles.
Aside from student support, we also pride ourselves in supporting the development of our employees. Our management team consists of Certified Teachers and education professionals who assist and advise our tutors on the following:
- Steps and requirements on applying for teaching programs
- Provide written and verbal references to supplement your applications
- Methodologies and strategies that will be an advantage on your application
- Provide training and resources that will prepare you for teaching programs
About the job:
Your main responsibility will be to supplement classroom teaching by conducting private one-on-one tutoring sessions based on each student’s academic level and learning needs. *Sessions are typically conducted in-person at students’ homes, but are currently conducted via Zoom for the time being due to COVID-19.* As a private tutor at Luna Education, you will be reporting to the Education Program Manager and working closely with other tutors teaching similar subjects.
The major job duties of the position includes the following:
- Assess, assist and encourage students in their learning process
- Review materials used in school classes to explain and answer students’ questions
- Develop students’ analytical and behavioural skills
- Detect specific needs of each student and adapting accordingly
- Write lesson notes to provide parents with updates on students’ progress
- Pursuing further education and/or a career in Education
- Currently pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s degree
- Work or volunteer experience dealing with students and/or children is an asset
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Familiarity with the BC school system and curriculum
- Possesses the ability to work well with students from different backgrounds.
- Is fluent in written and verbal English is required (Ability to communicate in additional languages is an asset)
- Has effective time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrates great interpersonal skills by being patient, friendly and professional
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and respond to the application questions. The application deadline is August 18.
Looking forward to working with you!