Optoelectronics Systems Engineer
- 10885 NE 8th St, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Lumotive is a leader in solid-state, 3D-sensing systems, developing high-performance solutions for consumer electronics, industrial automation, robotics and automotive applications. The Seattle-based company’s lidar solutions leverage revolutionary beam-steering technology based on patented Liquid Crystal Metasurfaces™ to deliver an unprecedented combination of high performance and readiness for mass adoption. Lumotive’s random access beam-steering chips enable the industry’s first software-defined lidar with region-of-interest scanning, object tracking and advanced perception capabilities. Lumotive’s investors include Bill Gates and Quan Funds.
Lumotive is seeking an exceptional candidate to grow our Systems Engineering team with a focus on optoelectronic systems. This candidate will be responsible for LiDAR system analysis and should be comfortable modeling and comparing different ToF lidar architectures. Through their work, the candidate will influence next generation system designs and product roadmaps. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in lidar, time of flight (ToF), and/or other 2D and 3D imaging systems.
- Develop comprehensive system models including laser sources, detectors, and noise sources. Leverage these models to guide and optimize optoelectronic system architecture for performance, power, cost, and size
- Conceptualize compact and high throughput optical designs utilizing Lumotive’s liquid crystal metasurface beam steering technology in 3D sensing applications
- Work with optical, mechanical, electrical and firmware teams to prototype and test system designs
- Design and develop test methods and stations for module and system testing
- Analyze high level customer requirements and application use cases to derive key system requirements
- Present data, methods, and conclusions to the technical and leadership team
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics, Electrical, Mathematics, or a related field
- Expert modeling optoelectronic systems in Matlab, Python, or C/C++
- Experience synthesizing requirement allocation from system budgets, customer feedback, and measured data
- Experience in LiDAR system design preferred but related experience in RADAR or ultrasound will also be considered
- Experience in modeling and characterizing various detector technologies (APD, SiPM, CCD, EMCCD, and CMOS image sensors, iToF, dToF)
- Hands-on experience with optical systems and instruments (sources, detectors, electronics)
- Familiarity with analog signal processing chains and performance metrics such as noise figure, linearity, DC offsets, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team setting
- Ability to prepare and deliver reports and presentations
- Able to organize design reviews and lead technical discussions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.