Sr. Project Manager Healthcare Contract
- Ventura, Ventura, California, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Senior Project Manager, Clinical Projects
This position will support multiple Cerner Clinical/Ancillary projects. The Sr. IT Project Manager plans, directs, controls and implements highly complex, large-scale, strategic IT projects enabling technology solutions and systems to meet department and enterprise-wide business and clinical needs, using IT PMO project management methodologies. They are a member of the IT Program Management Office (PMO) and perform additional PMO related activities such as: Assisting in the establishment and on-going management of PMO governance to guarantee program and project approval, implementation and validation according to established criteria, and ensure projects are managed on time and within budget, and meet quality and success requirements; Continuously improve all components of the PMO, including a training course, processes, procedures and tools to ensure the successful management and reporting of all IT programs and projects; Mentor and perform PMO education.
Project Management: Manage clinical projects (Cerner or other clinical solutions), supporting Cerner implementation approach, while integrating Clinical Operations and IT support departments to deliver technology that drives business/clinical benefit. This includes all project management activities, such as project development, schedule creation and management, WBS development, budget development and management, contract negotiations, monitoring of contract and project deliverables, risk assessment and mitigation, scope and change management, issue management, status reporting at all levels, project resource management, training plans and execution, communication planning, go-live management, transition to IT production support (turn over to operation teams for post-implementation, on-going support) planning and management, value realization, and lessons learned review.
Project Management Approach: The Sr. PM will guide project stakeholders and team members through the project life cycle. They will ensure effective utilization of resources. Assist in management of project database tool (e.g., add templates, users, etc.). Oversee project database to ensure standards and methodology are being followed.
Vendor Management: Manage the vendor relationships within scope of project-specific work. This includes but is not limited to contract reconciliation, maintenance agreements, managing enhancements and upgrades, issue escalation, and partnership agreements.
Provide General Leadership and Direction: in the analysis, selection, design, and implementation of IT solutions that best meets information security and compliance requirements, guidelines and standards. Review project performance relative to commitments Work with IT resource managers to resolve barriers and conflicts that affect program or project performance.
Project Portfolio Management: Assist in preparation and production of governance materials to support the review and approval of IT programs and projects to proceed to the next phase based on analysis of cost, schedule, risk management and requirements. Assist in gathering data to support the review of authorizing existing project change requests affecting scope or timeline and ultimately having the potential to impact the portfolio (timeline or resource availability of other projects)
Project/Program Portfolio Management: Assist in IT PMO governance value assessment and prioritization activities ensuring IT program and project decisions align with organization strategic goals and are made in recognition of established IT governance criteria. Assist with the review, sequencing and scheduling of IT programs and projects and ensure they are made in recognition of prioritization performed, resource availability, and other constraints (e.g., compliance with federal laws, regulations, and policies; other externally mandated requirements)
Project/Program Management, IT Planning: Prepare and present portfolio, program and project status updates to stakeholders. Assist in monitoring the portfolio of projects and recommending strategies to resolve major resource conflicts
Continuously improve all components of the PMO, including a training course, processes, procedures and tools to ensure the successful management and reporting of all IT programs and projects. Leads organizational and departmental performance improvement activities as assigned
Assist in the establishment and ongoing management of PMO governance to guarantee program and project approval, implementation and validation according to established criteria, and ensure projects are managed on time and within budget, and meet quality and success requirements. Assists in defining and meeting Program Management Office service project and portfolio metrics.
- Provide Administrative PM Support – tracks project schedule, monitors all artifacts, ensures readiness for Enterprise Strategy Council (ESC) and Leadership Meetings
- Publishes Project Status Reports/Updates
- Maintain Project Dashboard updates
- Own and Act as main point of contact for all project issues and collaborate with business owners (HCA and County stakeholders) to communicate and resolve issues
- Lead and manage all aspects of the project implementation lifecycle, including proof of concept, business case/justification, ESC review/approval, board approval, potential RFI/RFQ/RFP processes, implementation strategies, requirements, integration/interfaces, reporting/metrics/KPIs, gap analysis, cost, OCM Plan, QA/Testing, Training and Implementation
- Control, direct and influence stakeholders, including contractors, vendors, manufacturing, and internal team
- Manage multiple concurrent projects (usually at different stages of the life cycle)
- Oversee all development schedules across all projects
- Maintain timely communications between all parties
- Deliver projects under budget, resource and time constraints established in the project plan
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years' experience in managing complex, strategic information technology programs and projects in healthcare is preferred and must be recent (within the last five years)
- 5+ years Cerner Experience and/or Knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in net new project implementations (and systems conversion projects)
- 5 or more years of project management experience
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience with project staff
Top rate, contract or contract-to-hire.