Sr Business Analyst
- E Main St, Ventura, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
The Senior Business Analyst with the IT PMO department formulates and defines project scope based on business objectives and technology capabilities through a combination of research, fact-finding, understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards. Provides analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing logic as necessary. Participates in process and systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
This position will support multiple Cerner Clinical/Ancillary projects enabling technology solutions and systems to meet department and enterprise-wide business and clinical needs, using IT PMO project management methodologies. They are a member of the IT Program Management Office (PMO) and perform additional PMO related activities such as: Assisting in the establishment and on-going management of PMO governance to guarantee program and project approval, implementation and validation according to established criteria, and ensure projects deliverables are completed on time and within budget and meet quality and success requirements.
Gather/document Business Requirements: Using the BRTM to gather high level requirements and maintaining the RTM through testing and training supporting the IT Project Manager. Responsible for capturing detailed business requirements, reviewing and validating and finalizing requirements with the business owner(s). Support HCA business and system requirements on Clinical Cerner (of other clinical application solutions) to ensure HCA deliverables are met.
Current Workflow Analysis – Future State Workflows: The Sr. Business Analyst will facilitate workflow analysis/assessment sessions to create documents to support workflow validation. The Business Analyst will conduct current-future state gap analysis to define the project scope of work. The Business Analyst will support development of Business cases on large projects to Executive Steering Committee and board approval processes.
Document Management: Create, Finalize and Maintain project documents and transition to support documentation. The Business Analyst will create; Business Requirements Document, Reports Requirements Documents, Test Plans and UAT workbooks
- Defines and documents customer business functions and processes (cross functional workflows)
- Develops, maintains and manages the Business Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Display expertise in knowledge of (BPM) business process management platform. Understanding of (BPM) process design and execution.
- Experience Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, on healthcare projects
- Consults with functional area management and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access
- ITSM – transitioning new products into Production support into ServiceNow workflows, reporting and metrics
- Ability to manage project timeline, identify risks/issues, manage stakeholder expectations, and share project status updates to the HCA Project Manager
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical resources (architects, data analysts, developers, operation specialists), consultants and others in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance
- Develop, document and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure fulfillment of requirements and successful project implementation
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users (lead small discovery project and proof of concept work efforts)
- Tracks and fully documents change for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for on-going support as well as for use in training.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes.
- Conducts change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and documents business rules, functional capabilities and requirements.
- Participates in QA and user acceptance testing (UAT) and testing of new system functionality.
- Obtains detailed, in-depth and expert knowledge of the assigned business processes and creates requirement documents for development and testing.
- Consistently challenges the IT and business teams to improve all aspects of their processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Four (4) year College or University or equivalent work experience in healthcare solutions
- 5+ years of diverse healthcare experience REQUIRED
- Strong (10+ years) Business analysis skills are required.
- Experience Scoping Requirements for both business and application/product owners
- Experience in supporting UAT
- Ability to interface with all levels of the business to define business and functional requirements.
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry and basic knowledge HIPAA and PHI (health care compliance requirements
Long term contract.