Mid-Senior Frontend Developer
- Via Fiume, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
- Employees can work remotely
Looking for an exciting new project with plenty of room for growth? Have a true passion for the innovative startup environment?
- Ludwig is an Italy-based startup working in the field of Natural Language Processing. We built a sentence search engine for English writing that is used by 3 million unique people per month from 200 countries.
- We founded Ludwig in 2014 and bootstrapped it until reaching profitability.
- There are a lot of new challenges coming in the next years and we need reinforcements!
- We are a small and very cohesive team working remotely with Skype/Trello/Telephone and we meet regularly, once every 45 days, to do team meetings in selected cities.
We are searching for an experienced, talented Senior-level Frontend Engineer to join Ludwig's engineering team who will:
- Architect, design and develop web frontend applications (cross-browser, cross-device and cross-platform solutions) according to given requirements
- Evangelize the best frontend practices and support more junior developers
- Create, improve, and refine workflows and processes for delivering quality software on time
How you will do this:
- You'll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary team
- You prioritize your work with the team and its product owner, weighing both the business and technical value of each task
- Write clean and well organized code, respecting code guidelines and good practices, in order to guarantee quality, reliability, scalability and easy maintenance
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of working in (or leading) teams that rapidly ship high-quality web-based software that solves important problems for large numbers of users. Startup experience is a plus
- Experience with Chrome Extensions, Electron, SASS, Typescript and iOS is a plus
- Solid command of web technologies and object-oriented design
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Excellent understanding of Git as version control system and GitFlow as branching model
- Proficiency in both Italian and English
We're based in Palermo, but most of the job will carried out remotely (smart working).
We'd like to read more from you, your experience, and why you believe you're fit for the position we are offering (sending your CV or Resume without a cover letter will result in an exclusion. Recommendation letters are a plus)
Then, we will ask a selected number of developers to arrange a Skype meeting.
You can start working immediately.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Remote Work Opportunities with an ultra flexible working culture
- Full-time contract | We are also open to full-time freelance collaborations
- Competitive salary (Gross annual earnings 30-35k€, depending on seniority) + company benefits