Character Concept Artist - Unannounced Project
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
What we’re looking for?
- Create high quality illustrations and concept art in a range of art styles;
- Produce sketches to assist the Artistic Lead in showing the project's preliminary intentions and make the necessary changes to ensure that the work is in line with the artistic vision;
- Take account of technical constraints and limitations to propose realistic concepts;
- Participate in production and art team meetings, brainstorming, art reviews, critiques
- Effectively communicate visual intentions with a wider team;
- Expected to resolve issues on their own and/or seek out solutions with an appropriate team member;
- Show a flexible approach allowing special and/or urgent assignments to be completed with minimum impact;
- Mentor and support the other members of the team, leading by example and encouraging good communication, using solid procedures.
You must have:
A true passion for video games, creativity, rigor, autonomy, self-criticism and team spirit will be indispensable, based on the following skills:
- Candidates will ideally have 1+ year of concept art experience working on mobile gaming platforms, PC, console, or handheld;
- Proven ability to quickly create effective and coherent concept, illustrative and sketch art to clearly present their work for modellers and other team member’s immediate use;
- Strong foundation in traditional drawing skills, including architectural and anatomical knowledge.
- Experience with multiple drawing styles;
- Strong ability to present their work to internal teams;
- Ability to meet tight deadline and follow direction, technical process and schedules;
- Experience with agile development processes and source control systems preferred;
- 3D conceptual art creation skills using 3DSmax (preferred), Maya, Zbrush, including modelling, rigging, texturing, animation and lighting is a strong bonus;
- Observation and research skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
- Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- [email protected] Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.