3D Character Modeler - Disney Wonderful Worlds
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Character Modeler that can tackle the following responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Create high quality characters for mobile platforms;
- Create 3D graphic assets;
- Create characters, outfits, accessories and other items, based on concept art, from scratch to production quality;
- Produce facial expressions for characters;
- Retopologize using 3D Coat;
- Produce textures to create stylized characters based on the artistic vision of the game;
- Active participation to team meetings;
- Consider technical constraints of the game and the concerns of the animators;
- Collaborate with riggers and animators to ensure the production of optimized meshes and the consistency of the characters styles;
- Respect deadlines defined by the production team.
What we're looking for:
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max;
- Strong knowledge of ZBrush;
- Good Knowledge of 3D Coat;
- Familiar with Quixel and XNormal;
- Strong experience with maps of different textures (normal, diffuse, light bakes);
- Good knowledge of UV mapping;
- Solid understanding of art production processes;
- Independent, responsible and committed worker;
- Skills in time management and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and meticulous;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- A Portfolio that shows strong abilities and modeling.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/7;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.