- Montreal, Canada
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
Reporting to the Performance manager, the analyst is the champion of data and insights for game teams at Ludia. You will own the generation of insight from the collection of business requirements to the presentation of dashboards, ad-hoc analyses and product improvement recommendations. This will require you to understand the gaming industry, product vision, design telemetry, aggregate, analyze and interpret data to validate our assumptions and hypotheses.
What You'll Do
- Collect business requirements from game teams and other Ludia stakeholders .
- Specify telemetry events necessary to generate user behavior insight.
- Collaborate with the QA and game development team to ensure the accuracy of the tracking implementation and data aggregation;
- Design reports and dashboards containing metrics that clearly communicate product performance;
- Conduct in depth analyses examining the effectiveness of a game operations and updates;
- Detect, analyze and explain major trends or noteworthy user behavior patterns within the game;
- Conduct A/B testing to reveal causal impacts of game tuning and updates;
- Promote data driven decision process and data literacy to the stakeholders;
- Improve and represent the best analytics practices in all spheres of your work at Ludia.
What we're looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Data Analyst or equivalent pertinent position in the gaming industry and/or mobile apps or web (ECommerce);
- Experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to varied audiences;
- Experience translating business objectives into actionable analyses;
- 3+ years of SQL experience working with large volume, velocity and variety of data;
- Broad knowledge of statistics and scientific methods;
- Familiar with ETL and automation using Python;
- Ability to visualize data in Tableau or similar tool;
- Inquisitive, analytical problem-solving mindset;
- Interest in business, marketing and free to play games;
- Strong prioritization and time management skills;
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, Business or similar.
Bonus points if you have:
- Shipped and operated a live mobile freemium game;
- An understanding of the general concepts of freemium game design and kpis;
- Experience with tools such as Snowflake and Amplitude;
- Experience of a full software development cycle;
- Familiarity with machine learning.
- Bilingualism in En/Fr.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- [email protected] Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.