3D Environment Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
Concretely what does it mean to be 3D environment Artist at Ludia?
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Participate in the development of high quality environments for mobile platforms;
- Create set pieces, props, items, and other from scratch to production quality;
- Active participation to team meetings;
- Respect deadlines defined with the production team;
- Paint textures to create believable set pieces according to the style/period of the game;
- Consider technical constraints of the game;
- Optimize visual aspects of environments;
You need to have:
- A portfolio demonstrating a very strong knowledge of artistic fundamentals, visual communication and principles of design and modeling;
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent;
- 3 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of 3ds Max;
- Solid sculpting level in ZBrush
- Strong experience with maps of different textures (normal, specular, diffuse…);
- Good knowledge of UV'mapping;
- Understanding of the artistic production pipeline in video games or a related industry;
- Sense of autonomy, responsibility and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to manage production time and meet deadlines;
- Good ability to communicate effectively and professionally;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience and / or interest in Vertex Paint ;
- Experience in Substance Painter.
- Bilingualism Eng / Fr
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.