Product Manager, Performance
- Montreal, Québec, Canada
Founded in Montreal in 2007, Ludia is one of Canada's leading mobile video game studios. "Creating games that touch people" is what drives us every day! And we work hard at it by continuing to innovate and aim higher every day, without forgetting to have fun while doing it! Named Montreal Top Employer 2021, here you will always have a place to express and grow ideas, to have a real impact on projects but also to feed yourself with the sharing of cultures, visions and expertise.
For us, mobile is a real opening to the future, an incredible growth potential and stimulating technological challenges to take up. It's the perfect answer to our ambition to "touch people" and anchor ourselves in everyday life. Match 3, Geolocation, Narrative Game, Builder, our portfolio includes diverse and high quality games that leverage world-renowned brands such as; Jurassic World™: Alive, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Dungeons & Dragons™, Dragons: Titan Uprising, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, and many more to come, not to mention our very own IP Lovelink!
Flexibility at heart
Flexibility at Ludia, it's lived 100%. Whether you want to enjoy the creative excitement of our beautifully remodeled offices in Old Montreal, prefer the comfort of your own home anywhere in Quebec, or like the idea of having the best of both worlds in hybrid mode, it's up to you! Our Flex program is 100% flexible from day to day. A great freedom for your daily well-being!
As a Product Manager, Performance at Ludia, you will be part of the leadership team of one of our upcoming/live games. Equipped with a strong analytical thinking, competitive insights and growth hacking best practices, you will:
- Champion the Product Identity/Strategy;
- Own the overall Product Performance & Growth
- Drive the updates roadmap process;
- Be responsible for the Live Service Operations and Monetization strategy;
- Lead a team of data analysts and economic designers.
This role reports directly to the producer.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Champion the Product Identity & Strategy, in sync with Product Leadership and Marketing (Internal note: For games in development only)
- Collaborate to define the Opportunity/Market Analysis (Target Audience, Competitors Benchmarks/KPIs, etc).
- Align on Product Identity, Key Pillars/Targeted Innovations and Competitive Positioning.
- Define user research needs and requirements and get insights from the target audience (concept tests, surveys, playtests, icon tests, etc).
- Bring an outside-in view to the team by benchmarking relevant games and identifying best practices/trends on specific features/systems.
- Plan and execute the Soft Launch Strategy (territory, platform, target features, goals, insights), in sync w/Marketing.
Own Product Performance & Growth, in sync with Product Leadership and Marketing
Build, own and maintain quantitative models used to measure/manage game engagement and product performance (KPI Framework/Model supporting Revenue Forecast and Weekly Performance tracking).
- Set and own Game KPIs target driving impact, and collaborate with the team to drive strategy behind them.
- Define/own reporting and insights on Product Performance to Product Leads, Marketing and other stakeholders to identify optimization levers and support various decision-making.
- Partner with Marketing on Product Growth (Platform, ASO, UA, Creatives).
Drive the Updates roadmap process
- Prioritize the content backlog - while balancing the needs of the game team, stakeholders and players - and drive a transparent, collaborative roadmap process, in collaboration with Game Design & Production.
- Rally team and stakeholders feature prioritization using data and market insights.
Responsible for Live Ops and Monetization, in collaboration with Game Design
- Define and constantly fine-tune the Monetization Strategy and Game Economy.
- Plan, analyze, optimize and execute Live Ops (in-game events, sales).
- Lead the A/B testing to optimize revenue.
- Lead user segmentation and personalization plan.
Lead a team of data analysts and economic designers
- In addition to the game economy, lead the player’s progression and game balancing efforts.
- Manage the Game Economy Designer(s) embedded in the team, prioritizing their work and partnering with Game Design on training, mentoring and career growth.
- Manage the embedded analysts in the team, prioritizing their work and partnership with Central Analytics on training, mentoring and career growth.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in game development is required;
- Mobile F2P game expertise in a relevant role is required, including experience in working on live titles;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability through the use of hands-on exploration of data;
- Intermediate Excel/Amplitude/self-serve analytics tools experience is a must;
- Experience in A/B testing and segmentation is desired;
- Good design instincts and understanding of the player base;
- Skills for competitor benchmarking and market analysis;
- Self-motivated and focused on product growth, relentlessly identifying most important levers and KPIs driving impact;
- Ability to be a change agent within and outside the team, translating data insights into actions;
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional disciplines, build trust with teammates and influence effectively;
- Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate complex results throughout an organization at all levels;
- People management skills are desired.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.