Senior 2D Artist - Lovelink
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 14 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker» by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
What we’re looking for?
The Lovelink team is expanding and looking for talented artists! Ever wished you could create unique character designs and have creative freedom? Are you looking to be part of a close-knit community? Then you might be the one we’re looking for!
- Work in collaboration with the production team and the Lead Artist;
- Create backgrounds, characters and polished illustrations, from sketch to final asset;
- Consider technical and aesthetic constraints and produce art assets that meet the needs of the project;
- Participate actively in team meetings (such as brainstorm sessions, reviews, etc.);
- Respect strict deadlines defined by the production team;
- Autonomously solve problems, or search for solutions in collaboration with your teammates;
- Integrate art assets directly in Unity.
You must have:
A true passion for video games and teamwork is crucial, as well as being rigorous and creative, and having the following skills:
- Diploma in Visual Arts or equivalent;
- 3 years or more of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Capacity to execute a range of styles in a production context;
- Solid understanding of art production processes;
- Independent, responsible and committed worker;
- Skills in time management and meeting strict deadlines;
- Ability to work as a team, and excellent communication skills;
- Positive attitude and ability to give and receive constructive feedback;
- A portfolio that shows strong abilities in 2D assets production (characters and backgrounds);
- Bilingualism and being able to integrate assets in Unity are a plus.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
- Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- [email protected] Fridays in our Lounge with our beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.