Lead Motion Designer / VFX
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker» by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Join the art team is to be part of a team that works every day to find the best profiles and always at heart to listen to our employees and bring them goodwill, development and recognition.
What we’re looking for?
- Create enticing and high quality animation graphics 2D/3D that will enhance user experience;
- Produce VFX in a 3D environment;
- Produce game effects in 2D / 3D;
- Optimize asset integration in Unity;
- Conduct performance reviews and hold regular one-on-one interviews within the MD team;
- Create animated models with After Effect to validate Game Design, or produce presentation videos;
- Work with the art team to understand project scope and objectives;
- Work with Game Designers, Artist 3D and other team members to resolve technical issues;
- Design animated gameplay sequences in order to ease the game production;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team;
- Contribute to the standard of excellence required by our projects;
- Follow up on the work done to correct any potential bugs.
You must have:
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of AfterEffects;
- Good knowledge Photoshop CS;
- Excellent mastery of animation principles;
- Experience with at least one complete multimedia production cycle;
- Good knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Unity or other game engine;
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks;
- Committed independent and responsible worker;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism;
- Knowledge of the game production or animation reality in real time is an asset.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.