Motion FX / VFX Artist
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Motion FX / VFX Artist.
Ludia Inc. is a 12 years old Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Motion FX/ VFX artist at Ludia?
- Create enticing and high quality animation graphics 2D/3D that will enhance user experience
- Produce VFX in a 3D environment.
- Produce game effects in 2D / 3D.
- Optimize asset integration in Unity.
- Create animated models with After Effect to validate Game Design, or produce presentation videos;
- Work with the art team to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with Game Designers, Artist 3D and other team members to resolve technical issues
- Design animated gameplay sequences in order to ease the game production
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team
- Contribute to the standard of excellence required by our projects
- Follow up on the work done to correct any potential bugs
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of AfterEffects
- Good knowledge Photoshop CS
- Excellent mastery of animation principles
- Experience with at least one complete multimedia production cycle
- Good knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Unity or other game engine
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks
- Committed independent and responsible worker
- Strong organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Knowledge of the game production or animation reality in real time is an asset
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments and a v-clinic;
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French;
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages;
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique;
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out these video to learn more: