Motion FX Designer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Motion FX Designer.
Ludia Inc. is a 12 years old Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge for a Motion Designer at Ludia?
- Create enticing and high quality animation graphics that will enhance user experience
- Produce 2D/3D animations with VFX, optimize them and integrate them in Unity;
- Model in 3D and produce textures or UI assets in Photoshop;
- Create animated models with After Effect to validate Game Design, or produce presentation videos;
- Work with the art team to understand project scope and objectives
- Work with Game Designers and other team members to resolve technical issues
- Design animated gameplay sequences in order to ease the game production
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the team
- Contribute to the standard of excellence required by our projects
- Follow up on the work done to correct any potential bugs
- Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of AfterEffects;
- Good knowledge Photoshop CS;
- Excellent mastery of animation principles;
- Experience with at least one complete multimedia production cycle ;
- Very good knnowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent;
- Good knowledge of Unity or other game engine
- Willing to accept and provide direction and handle multiple tasks;
- Committed independent and responsible worker ;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Exceptional communication skills ;
- Positive attitude and an ability to provide and receive constructive criticism ;
- Knowledge of the game production or animation reality in real time is an asset;
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out these videos to learn more: