- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 13 years ago, the company welcomes more than 380 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Join the development team is to be part of a team that works every day to find the best profiles and always at heart to listen to our employees and bring them goodwill, development and recognition.
What we’re looking for?
Come and join the team responsible for developing the online game backend infrastructure - where scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work. You can help us solve complex concurrency and performance issues, while developing innovative solutions to better serve our players, from real-time online play, to leaderboards and friend management systems.
You must have:
- 3 years of experience as a backend engineer
- A strong understanding of backend development philosophy
- A strong understanding of client/server environments
- Solid Knowledge of concurrency and multithreading
- A love for high performance and complex problems analysis
- To be a natural team player
- Bilinguism ENG-FRA is an asset
We are looking for people with experience in one or many of the following technologies
- Experience in Java, C++, Python, Go or another backend programming language
- Experience with relational databases: MySQL, MariaDB or other SQL variants
- Experience with non-relational databases: Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with message brokers: RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying microservices with CI/CD in mind
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you ?
Because we take great care of our Ludians !
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.