- Montreal, Canada
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Level Designer.
With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a 12 years old Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What is the challenge?
- Understand the vision provided by the game’s creative team and ensure compliance with the user experience previously defined;
- Develop game levels and document everything in writing;
- Work with the team to ensure coherence between game levels;
- Study the behavior of the players from the point of view of their progress through the various levels and define or change the level of difficulty.
- Relevant college diploma and/or certificate or equivalent;
- 2+ years of game/level design experience plus a record of designing levels for successful, published mobile games;
- Portfolio including several examples of created levels;
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication. Be able to write detailed design documents specifying the functionality gameplay features;
- Good knowledge of
- A strong understanding of social games in a F2P model;
- Bilingual English/French
What's in it for you:
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal;
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more;
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments, and a virtual medical clinic;
- Four weeks’ vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program;
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals;
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French;
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages;
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique;
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out these videos to learn more: