- Montreal, Canada
Ludia Inc. is one of Canada's leading mobile video game companies. Founded in Montreal 12 years ago, the company welcomes more than 300 bright and enthusiastic crew members. "Creating games that touch people" is our daily mantra. We work hard, have fun, innovate and level-up every day. As for the development of our games, we are proud to work hand in hand with awesome partners who trust us and support our creativity. Our high-quality portfolio includes original games based on internationally recognized brands such as Dragons: Titan Uprising, Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, and much more.
To work at Ludia means to be part of a studio that knows how to preserve its human side, promote development and recognize the value of each of its employees. It also means to work for a studio awarded «Canada’s best game maker » by Apple, and “Best Place to Work 2018” by gamesindustry.biz !
Concretely what does it mean to be a UI Artist at Ludia?
- Work on developing the gaming experience with a multidisciplinary team of game designers, programmers, artists and product managers to shape ideas, wireframe mockups and user flows, and prototype interactions;
- Create in-game graphics from the concept phase to the final polished delivery of the product (menus, dialogs, icons, overlays, etc.);
- Construct UIs that maintain and develop the visual identity of current and upcoming titles;
- Build style guides and UI libraries to ensure interface and design consistency;
You need to have:
- Degree in art / graphics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years UI/UX design experience working in interactive media or mobile games;
- Strong understanding of UI / UX flow and functional design;
- Expertise with UI authoring toolsets (Photoshop CS, Illustrator...etc.);
- Good knowledge of After-Effect and / or Flash;
- Outstanding design skills;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and rapidly changing team environment;
- Folio that illustrates persistent style beats and intuitive interfaces;
- Versatility to work in multiple visual styles;
- Strong wireframe and prototyping skills;
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback;
- Bilingualism ANG / FR.
- Knowledge of 3DS Max;
- In-depth understanding of the mobile game production process;
- Familiarity with Unity;
- Experience with animation and / or VFX;
- Passion for games.
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Submissions without a folio link will not be considered.
Why is Ludia the perfect place for you?
Because we take great care of our Ludians!
- Offices at the heart of Old Montréal!
- Daily breakfasts, coffee and tea, and our famous Friday Lunches;
- Flexible hours;
- Access to our brand new Gym and group training classes;
- Partial refund of your STM/RTM;
- Fridays’ [email protected] in our lounge in presence of the beer of the month;
- An impressive health plan and a virtual medical assistance available 24h/24;
- Collective RRSP with employer participation, referral and bonus programs.
So? Interested? We can’t wait to meet you!
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Masculine is used in this publication for the sake of brevity.
At Ludia we don’t just accept diversity, we support and celebrate it! Women, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, First Nations people, people living with a handicap, or part of any group marginalized are welcome to apply.