- Montreal, QC, Canada
We are actively seeking a creative and passionate individual to join our team as a Backend Developer.
With over 300 employees, the ability to welcome 1 Million + CCUs and a variety of exciting projects to be developed in the near future, there’s never been a better time to join the Ludia family!
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Dungeons & Dragons™, Jurassic World™: Alive, What's Your Story, Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
Come and join the team responsible for developing the online game backend infrastructure - where scalability and reliability are at the heart of your work. You can help us solve complex concurrency and performance issues, while developing innovative solutions to better serve our players, from real-time online play, to leaderboards and friend management systems.
- 3 years of experience as a backend engineer
- A strong understanding of backend development philosophy
- A strong understanding of client/server environments
- Solid Knowledge of concurrency and multithreading
- A love for high performance and complex problems analysis
- To be a natural team player
- Bilinguism ENG-FRA is an asset
We are looking for people with experience in one or many of the following technologies
- Experience in Java, C++, Python, Go or another backend programming language
- Experience with relational databases: MySQL, MariaDB or other SQL variants
- Experience with non-relational databases: Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with message brokers: RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ, etc.
- Experience developing and deploying microservices with CI/CD in mind
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
What's in it for you:
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: