Unity Technical Artist
- Montreal, Canada
Who are we?
Ludia Inc. is a Montreal-based video game company that creates and distributes cross-platform digital games. Our innovative and high-quality product portfolio consists of original and world-recognized branded properties such as: Jurassic World™: The Game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends, Dragons: Rise of Berk, Family Feud® 2 & Friends, Kung Fu Panda: Battle of Destiny, Waldo & Friends, and The Price Is Right™. We are a member of the FremantleMedia family, one of the world’s leading content producers.
What are we looking for as a technical artist at Ludia?
The ideal candidate would be self-driven, curious and eager to share his findings within the studio. The candidate will work alongside the production teams to facilitate art assets production and improve the visuals of our productions.
- Establish and document the collaboration pipeline between artists and developers
- Provide continual training to the art team, whether it’s regarding tools or pipelines
- Deep understanding of the optimization challenges faced during mobile development and advocate best practices with the production teams
- Further the visual quality of our different titles without impacting the product’s performance
- Develop scripts and tools to make it easier for artists to work more efficiently
- 3 or more years of experience as a real-time 3D artist(level artist, modeler, texture artist); or experience as a game developer with a knack for art and a deep sensibility to the artist’s needs
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in Unity
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with Unity Shaders in a mobile context
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with 3D Studio Max
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in scripting languages(C#, maxscript, python), a definite plus
- Acquainted with rigging principles
- Must be passionate about mobile games
- Capacity to delve into the unknown while remaining solution focused
- At least two mobile titles shipped
- Fluent in French and English.
What's in it for you?
- Work in the heart of Old Montreal
- An open concept work environment with an employee game room, foosball, Ping-Pong and pool table, Tiki Lounge and more
- A broad health and wellness plan that includes annual health assessments
- Four weeks vacation, RRSP contributions, referral incentives, and an attractive bonus program
- Free snacks, coffee and tea, as well as catered meals
- A training budget with free language lessons in English and French
- A free gym pass starting on day one and access to on-site massages
- Happy Hour Fridays with beer and wine after work, including our own beer on tap: La Ludique
- An amazing team of creative individuals who work hard and play hard! Check out this video to learn more: