“...one of the most innovative record labels of the decade, acclaimed for distinctive visual arts projects”
LUCKYME® was founded in 2007: a product of the scene around Glasgow’s School of Art but quickly growing to include like-minded artists across the world. In 2015 LUCKYME® partnered with Warp. Now headquartered in Warp’s London office with a further LUCKYME® office in Edinburgh, the label has earned a reputation for influential design, clothing and creative marketing. A leading independent music company representing ground-breaking artists, including Jacques Greene, Baauer, Doss, Eli Keszler, Kučka, TNGHT, Nathan Micay and more. We power a number of imprints for our artists including Eclair Fifi’s River Rapid, and Nosaj Thing’s Timetable.
We are looking for someone outstanding, dynamic and experienced to work in partnership with the MD/founder of LUCKYME® Records as Label Manager. You will jointly be responsible for the label, Artists and catalogue. Working within a small team and alongside our partners at Warp Records, you will take charge of delivering projects, the creation and commissioning of assets and overseeing marketing campaigns from pre-release to post-release phase. You will take a key role in the commercial performance of the label and its catalogue, ensuring that we never compromise the quality and ethos of the brand. Developing where LUCKYME® sits in contemporary culture and coordinating events, product launches and marketing initiatives that are appropriate to our existing aesthetic and values.
- Oversee release plans - develop and sign-off marketing budgets.
- Run regular label meetings to ensure the team is working effectively.
- Manage the LUCKYME® release schedule, ensuring a balance of music and new release and catalogue projects.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects of a release and be prepared to support the team on campaigns when needed.
- Represent the label both internally and externally with Artists, management and the wider industry.
- Play a key role in managing and maximising LUCKYME®’s 15+ years of catalogue.
- Working with the Warp Recordings marketing dept, keep an awareness of catalogue spikes and viral activity in order to nurture and enhance these moments.
- Oversee all label activity to enhance this brand and the legacy of the label, including but not limited to: events, special projects, merchandise, collaborations, partnerships.
- You’ll hold a burning passion for new music and contemporary culture, a knowledge and understanding of our roster and a desire to dig deeper.
- You’ll have a proven track record of success in delivering major, global marketing projects and audience growth initiatives.
- You’ll understand and be able to take an innovative approach to new technologies and how to use them to develop both new and more traditional income streams.
- You’ll be an outstanding communicator, equally at home talking to teams, Artists and management. You will be able to work effectively across multiple departments and get people on side.
- You’ll be able to balance multiple projects and responsibilities at once with outstanding time management skills.
- You’ll have the flexibility to travel and be happy to spend time working from our different offices.
- Experience within a professional music marketing environment. You should be aware and have a good understanding of the music industry in 2023.
- A qualification in marketing would be desirable but is not essential with the right experience.
Please use the 'Message To Hiring Manager' section to provide a full cover letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role. Candidates who do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
North London based office with flexible working.
Salary dependent on experience
Applications close on February 24th 2023.
We recognise the importance of diversity within our teams and are fully committed to embracing all types of talent. Additionally, we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments to the application process that may be required. If there is anything that you want to make us aware of then please note this at the time of your application.
Thanks for applying and don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away as we take the time to review all applications.