- 3160 Main St, Duluth, GA 30096, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Luckie, we combine data, media, technology, and creativity to bring our clients closer to their customers so they can spot new opportunities and achieve results that luck can’t explain.
Our Strategic Engagement team members are our clients trusted advisors. By focusing on understanding our clients’ business problems, they provide strategic business insights and collaborate with the expertise within Luckie to deliver smart marketing solutions.
We’re currently searching for an experienced Medical Proofreader to support a portfolio of pharmaceutical and healthcare brands while working closely with our strategic engagement and editorial team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Demonstrate consistent attention to detail and a relentless dedication to delivering high-quality digital tactics including branded and unbranded campaigns, websites, banner ads, and other printed and digital materials.
- Provide outstanding editing, fact-checking, and proofreading services for all assigned projects, while collaborating with other Editors of the agency.
- Follow established procedures and processes to ensure efficiency and quality.
- Enforce FDA, AMA, and brand style guidelines; contribute to brand style guides as appropriate.
- Provide a point of view and direction to internal and associate editors that best fits the situation.
- Partner with project managers and engagement managers to create project timelines that are fair, accurate, and ensure editorial rigor.
- Serve as lead editor on at least one brand and as a backup on other brands.
- Understand each brand and the related disease state as well as each project’s objective.
- Cold read, copy-edit, and proofread all brand-specific digital and print pieces from draft manuscript through print or digital production.
- Prioritize multiple projects appropriately to meet all deadlines.
- Occasionally attend hot-sheet and kickoff meetings related to assigned projects.
- Proactively manage workload and escalate concerns relating to quality and timing as needed.
- Perform correction checks, slugs, the first half of double reads, reference checks, ISI checks, disk releases, RVP’s
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues, especially project managers and copywriters.
- Anticipate roadblocks while there’s still time to do something about it.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 4 or more years of editing experience for healthcare clients in a fast-paced agency environment.
- 2-3 years of Pharmaceutical ad agency experience is preferred.
- You’re proficient with AMA style (10th Edition), Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with SharePoint and Veeva Vault is preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA Guidelines.
- You have an eye for detail and accuracy with a mastery of English grammar.
- You are proactive, thoughtful, and possess creative problem-solving abilities.
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with excellent communication and organizational skills but are also self-motivated and able to work independently.
- A background in medicine or science is a plus.
Why you’ll love Luckie:
- Luckie people are smart and nice.
- We've been around for almost 70 years, and only getting better with age!
- We’re a forward-thinking, innovative organization that is continually looking for ways to invest in our people, practices, and technology.
- Our core values include curiosity, tenacity, and integrity.
- We offer competitive pay from freelance to full-time.
- Full-time team members have access to great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous paid time off (starting at 15 days per year), a flexible holiday/volunteer day, and 11 company-paid holidays. That's a minimum of 27 paid days off per calendar year!
- In-office perks include free snacks, happy hour, holiday events, and a pet-friendly environment filled with fun, talented people.
- Plus ongoing training & career development opportunities. We love to promote from within!
Luckie is an EEO Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.