Director, Digital Development and Delivery
- 3160 Main St, Duluth, GA 30096, USA
Luckie is the marketing agency that combines data, media, technology, and creativity. We bring our clients closer to their customers so they can see what others don’t and spot new opportunities to achieve results that luck can’t explain.
We’re currently looking to add a Director of Digital Development and Delivery to lead our team of dynamic Developers and QA Analysts as well as external partners (remote and offshore). This person will be responsible for scaling continuous improvement and growth for themselves, their team, and our company.
Our primary areas in the Healthcare/Pharmaceutical practice are in web development and CRM solutions along with other emerging tech solutions. We’re seeking a leader who understands how to help our team be successful in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, working with cross-functional members on creating solutions and resolving issues as they arise.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Participate in project scoping of deliverables, level of effort estimates, and assumptions
- Build relationships with internal and client stakeholders from project discovery through deployment, helping to mitigate and resolve issues that arise along the way
- Assess, develop, and optimize process controls & standards for different request types
- Implement ways of working in conjunction with work management tools for efficient delivery
- Ensure delivery of development tasks are completed accurately and timely
- Mentor developers with ongoing coaching for technical ownership and leadership
- Assess and support risk and change management policies and workflows
- Prioritize, direct, and appraise the activities of team personnel (short-term & long-term)
- Work closely with QA on testing strategies, and developers on pre-testing
- Ensure release management and deployment best practices are followed
- Support project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
Here’s what we’re looking for…
- 8+ years of building consumer-facing web solutions
- 5+ years in a client-facing role
- 3+ years managing a development team of local and remote employees
- Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Software and Architecture Consultation experience
- Experience working with remote teams and freelancers
- Understanding of SDLC as it pertains to marketing clients
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Cross-platform knowledge and integration skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Self-Starter with ambition, team spirit, and an entrepreneurial attitude
- Competency in using Jira for Development & QA workflow management
- High level understanding of HTML5 / CSS / JS, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), PHP / WordPress, Responsive HTML emails, and HubSpot
- Experience with release and deploy schedules across self-managed, shared hosting, and cloud-based hosting infrastructures
Why you’ll love Luckie:
- Luckie people are smart and nice.
- We've been around for almost 70 years, and only getting better with age!
- We’re a forward-thinking, innovative organization that is continually looking for ways to invest in our people, practices, and technology.
- Our core values include curiosity, tenacity, and integrity.
- We offer competitive pay from freelance to full-time.
- Full-time team members have access to great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), generous paid time off (starting at 15 days per year), a flexible holiday/volunteer day, and 11 company-paid holidays. That's a minimum of 27 paid days off per calendar year!
- In-office perks include free snacks, happy hour, holiday events, and a pet-friendly environment filled with fun, talented people.
- Plus ongoing training & career development opportunities. We love to promote from within!
Luckie is an EEO Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.