Desktop Support Technician
- 600 Luckie Dr, Birmingham, AL 35223, USA
Luckie exists to relentlessly evolve the dynamics of marketing.
We are a fiercely independent 66-year-old company that fuses the science of data, insightful strategy and the art of communication to deliver wildly creative marketing that drives radical impact for our clients.
The Desktop Support Technician's role is to support and maintain organizational computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. That includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all organizational hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via help desk ticket) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Tech will have to be focused, driven, goal oriented, willing to learn, put in the effort, graciously accept new challenges and projects, be open to constructive feedback.
Strategy & Planning
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation network software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or work orders regarding desktop problems.
- Ensure that desktop connections, ie. network jacks are in proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC/MAC equipment vendors.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, and 2 year’s work experience in related field. CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of PC/MAC hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC/MAC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into PC/MAC and software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Sitting, standing, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- Little Debbie Snacks
- Regions Bank
- Piedmont Hospital
- Alabama Power
- Gulf Power
- Panama City Beach Tourism