- 3160 Main St, Duluth, GA 30096, USA
Luckie exists to relentlessly evolve the dynamics of marketing.
We are a fiercely independent 66-year-old company that fuses the science of data, insightful strategy and the art of communication to deliver wildly creative marketing that drives radical impact for our clients.
Luckie has an exciting leadership position open within our Project Management Office (PMO) for a Program Director. This position is responsible for overall operational leadership and delivery management within a portfolio of projects & accounts by successfully overseeing a team of project management direct-reports (delegating appropriately, owning directly where necessary), collaborating across cross-functional teams, and partnering with our Clients in tandem with account leaders. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Delivery.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Partner with Account Leadership to manage client needs and expectations
- Execute concurrent multi-dependency projects and resolve complicated situations
- Identify true needs on business for delivery support and appropriately align resources against those needs – set expectations and educate the teams when necessary on roles and responsibilities among the team
- Demonstrate strategic ability to see beyond explicit assignment and to identify broader, longer term opportunities or ways to improve a current client assignment/project
- Guide large teams in process development, financial management, and scoping process
- Support innovation and seek efficiencies on the account and then operationalize and train those behaviors
- Partner with clients, vendors and partner agencies in a positive, professional and constructive way, establishing solid relationships
- Manage significant orchestration & coordination responsibility for client team communications around status and health of projects or accounts
- Develop accurate & informed work, including scopes, schedules and budgets that accurately reflect scope of work
- Support or lead discussions on project plans to ensure account leaders or client understands tradeoffs throughout the project around budget, scope, schedule, etc.
- Consistently set clear expectations for tasks and deliverables - can delegate effectively
- Communicate changes to plan & implications for team to senior leaders, clearly and timely
- Can predict and manage cost/schedule overruns and highlight for the appropriate audience and can estimate impact (e.g. resource allocation, cost, schedule, etc.)
- Identify gaps in project plans and educate the team on how to close
- Forge strong internal relationships at all levels – manage well up, down and across
- Can successfully lead large teams to develop risk mitigation plans (when appropriate)
- Able to roll-up all financial and resource data in order to inform and manage increasing and decreasing resource needs
- Re-engineer processes within an account that can be leveraged on other accounts; supports in the training of others
- Implement tools that can be utilized by the broader project teams to manage delivery
- Support new business efforts by correctly scoping and pricing new relationships with limited direction
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate conflict, manage differences of opinion, and communicate with difficult client/team members effectively
- Strong team builder with client and cross-capability teams, clarifying roles and expectations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 8+ years of experience managing interactive projects, preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: software development life cycles, web technologies, web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and engineering components, media and advertising projects, digital strategy projects.
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple project coordinators, leads and/or managers at one time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Ability to solve complex problems with keen instincts and organizational experience.
- Expert Microsoft Project and MS Office skills.
- Advanced understanding of delivery tools, used with cross-functional teams, e.g. Jira
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details and driving results.
- Strong knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation.
- 3+ years of people management experience.
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
- Glaxo Smith Kline
- Little Debbie Snacks
- Regions Bank
- Piedmont Hospital
- Alabama Power
- Gulf Power
- Panama City Beach Tourism