Billing Specialist (ABA)
- 5762 Bolsa Ave, Huntington Beach, CA 92649, USA
Love 2 Learn Consulting LLC, a pediatric therapy agency, holds the honor of being named one of Orange County's Top Work Places consecutively from 2016-2018. Our community is made up of individuals who all believe and live same basic core values. Our right fit will embody the following values:
- We are reliable people who do what they say. We take ownership for the wins and the loses, are honest about their limitations (we all have them) and adjust rapidly as our industry is fast-paced.
- We are relational in that we build rapport through transparency and a genuine intention to be of service. We invest in our staff from the moment of hire through training, mentorship, and rapid growth. “Know it alls” need not apply as this would not be a fit.
- We are committed to excellence. We all make the magic happen. Mistakes are studied and shared to learn from and egos are set aside. We listen to what our team members are saying and adjust rapidly. Warmth, transparency and integrity is weaved through all our experiences and relationships.
- We are ethical professionals, who take responsibility for moving the conversations forward in respectful and lawful ways.
We are currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join our Accounting team! This candidate will be responsible for providing support in the various processes to ensure timely and consistent communication between agency, carriers, and clients, reimbursements, verifying benefits, and intake process for new insurance clients . This is a position that requires discretion, communication skills, professionalism, and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Experience in Insurance Billing, Accounting, or AR
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Preferred experience in ABA or Behavioral Health
- Proficient in Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word, etc.)
- Self-motivated, dependable and can work independently, as well as on a team
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Great customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with internal staff, senior management, and external entities
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Spanish or Vietnamese speaking a plus
- Auditing claims prior to submission
- Ensure all time sheets are accurate and conduct internal audits to ensure billing accuracy
- Making calls and following up with vendor/employees regarding delinquent payments and billing errors in a timely manner
- Applying co-pays and generating invoices
- Coordinating and processing insurance reimbursement
- Identify and meet all billing compliance from Medi-Cal and commercial insurances.
- Process claim appeals and recoupments
- Assist with insurance auditing process
- Act as liaison between insurance carriers, families, and Love 2 Learn
- Achieve and exceed departmental goals as assigned by actively participating in department meetings and implementing initiative and strategy
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting, data entry, organized filing, and record keeping
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned
What We Offer:
- Unlimited Departmental Growth
- 401k retirement plan options
- Sick time
- Medical, dental, vision insurance, FSA, and DFSA
- Paid vacation and holiday
This position is full-time. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
*Love 2 Learn Consulting is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.*