Construction Project Engineer
- Smith St, North Providence, RI, USA
Since 1975, the people of Loureiro have provided the highest quality engineering, construction, EH&S, energy, and waste management services to leading public and private organizations throughout North America.
Our mission is to enhance the built environment and the lives of those within it; and whether you are an architect or attorney, or your entity is a manufacturer, public institution, or a government agency, we have a track record of working collaboratively with every client and making good on that mission. Loureiro delivers proven expertise and greater value in engineering, construction, EH&S, energy, and waste management than any other firm you might consider. Few others offer as complete a portfolio of integrated services as Loureiro, and no one has a greater commitment to your satisfaction.
The Loureiro Difference:
It’s our people who make the difference in everything we do, and together have a proven reputation of providing superior customer project results. Loureiro has always prided itself on a reputation of going beyond the norm in satisfying customer needs -- being there at odd hours to handle problems, responding faster and more completely than our competitors, and just plain taking on the responsibility for a successful outcome on our own initiative. Every employee is an owner in the company and every employee delivers with that ownership in mind.
CONNECTICUT * MASSACHUSETTS * NEW HAMPSHIRE * RHODE ISLAND * NORTH CAROLINA * WASHINGTON DC
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a Connecticut-based contractor with a broad range of experience in infrastructure development, environmental remediation and demolition. Our in-house capabilities include: site work; concrete construction; soil, groundwater and sediment remediation; roadways; bridges; earth retaining systems; underground utilities; and UST removal and replacement.
LCI has an immediate opening for a Construction Project Engineer to work on-site in Rhode Island. Projects will include a number of diverse site/concrete/remediation/building construction projects that will assist the project manager in all aspects/phases of the projects, both in the office and the field, including start-up, scheduling, submittals, quality control, project safety, cost control and ultimately, the total delivery of the project according to the established plans and specifications.
Our goal is to employ the right individual to be a part of our team, working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that LCI can offer.
- Assist Estimators, Project Managers and Field Superintendents throughout all phases of projects, including performing quantity take-offs, soliciting quotes, scheduling, submittals, reviewing & coordinating subcontractor/material supplier quotes/subcontracts/PO’s, preparing project specific health & safety documents and assistance in coordination of self-performed work;
- Attending job meetings;
- Assisting with a variety of reports, work plans, schedules, budgets;
- Creating, setting up and maintaining project filing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field of study;
- Minimum of 5+ years of site/concrete/remediation/building construction project and/or civil engineering experience;
- EIT or PE License preferred;
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities;
- Flexible, well organized, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills;
- Familiarity with working in a union environment is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Sage Timberline, Primavera, and HCSS software are a huge plus.
Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc. (Loureiro) is an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, California, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, and waste management services.
EEO/AAP StatementLoureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.