Kubernetes/Cloud Solution Architect (on-site or remote)
- Hamburg, HH, Germany
At Loodse, we are passionate about the potential of container and cloud native technologies. Our mission is to make distributed systems as easy as possible, so businesses can put their applications on center stage. Our Kubermatic Container Engine provides everything IT teams need to easily set-up, manage and operate scalable Kubernetes clusters in the cloud or on-prem.
Ever since we launched in 2016, our journey has been an exciting one. Now, our team is looking to grow with consultants that are willing to wear multiple hats and get things done: from running POCs to designing and architecting solutions, to contributing improvements to Kubermatic or develop our open source and customer projects.
If you are looking for a neatly structured environment, we are just not a good match. But if you are thrilled by the prospect of joining a technology start-up with a lot of room for your own ideas and personal growth, we definitely should at least have a chat.
What you will be doing
- Consulting, conception and implementation of demanding projects and solutions in the public (AWS, Azure, GCP, packet), private (OpenStack, vSphere, bare metal) and hybrid cloud environment for various customers
- Design of network solutions
- Infrastructure provisioning in alignment with our own Kubernetes products
- Integration of storage systems and depending network infrastructure
- Security, audit and best-practice alignment
- Determining client requirements and developing innovative customized Kubernetes solutions, e.g.
- Kubernetes Core to the Edge
- Multi-Cloud and Multi-Account Management
- Highly available self-healing infrastructure based on the Kubernetes Operator Pattern
- Managed Service Provisioning and day-2 operations
- Work hands-on with clients to demonstrate solution integrations and execute POCs in client environments
- Traveling to client sites for meetings, presentations, demos, or POV/POC purpose
- Take technical responsibilities in Pre-Sales to design and implement prototypes
- Market evaluation for new and mature technologies, highly innovative solutions and providers, and market trends
What we are looking for
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes infrastructures and cloud architectures, hybrid and multi-cloud environments and their management
- Experience with complex network setups in cloud or on prem, load balancing, DNS certificate management, configuration management
- Experience with application development concepts and technologies (e.g. DevOps, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience in Golang and Kubernetes development is a plus
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup and grow and learn with us
- A lot of room for your ideas and initiatives and the chance to quickly assume responsibility
- Agile development practices, cutting edge technologies (Kubernetes, Go and Prometheus) and an up-to-date stack
- Full support with getting the training and certification you need to do a good job (CKA, LInux Foundation Certification...) and conference opportunities
- As a remote first company we offer flexible working hours and home office as default, not on request
- A dynamic and still laid-back team (yes, you can combine that) with flat hierarchies, distributed over more than 10 countries
- Regular company events like hackathons, summer parties, afterworks, barbecues….
- We love community events - so you will definitely enjoy our meetups and our own community conferences ContainerDays and GoDays
- As member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation we are able to offer certified courses and first class information about what's coming up next in the Kubernetes ecosystem. And if you want to contribute, you are welcome to engage at CNCF projects or special interest groups