Android Developer - Intern-6 months
- HSR Fly Over, HSR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Employees can work remotely
Lokal- India's biggest local content platform Founded by IIT-Bombay and IIT- Kharagpur graduates Vipul Chaudhary and Janipasha, Lokal(A Behtar Technology Private Limited product) delivers local news and content in native languages through mobile application. Lokal is operational in districts of Telangana , Andhrapradesh and Tamilnadu with a 4.8M downloads till date 1.2M+ users. Behtar Technology Pvt Ltd is funded by top venture capital firms across the world and from India
You'll work as a part of Lokal's Android development team and develop software applications to extend and improve Lokal's product offerings. Our app is constantly updated with improvements to existing ideas and new features. You'll will be working on some of these updates, examples are given below. During this internship you'll will develop a solid understanding of Android Development process, along with a technical fascination of how stuff fits together while working with a team of productive and innovative developers, designers and product managers.
- Creating Widgets for Lokal App
- UI redesign of the overall app
- Creating a Video editing tool and improvements to existing video player
- Setting up testing framework for the app
- Migrating the code base from Java to Kotlin
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Coding experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, Kotlin
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program, and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- Familiarity with latest Android Architecture Components
Pls apply if you can work for 6 months and full time