Full Stack Software Engineer - React/Node.js
- Remote, Remote, Costa Rica
Log(n), founded in 2010, specializes in staff augmentation by helping our customers fill critical technical roles to reach their development goals. But we don’t just fill your open engineering roles - we partner with each of our customers to provide high quality remote engineers that become a real part of your team.
Our team consists of passionate engineers. We focus on design, quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
Our customers include companies like Hired, Homesuite, Kabam, Pearson, and Revinate.
Log(n) is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Costa Rica.
- We use TypeScript for just about everything and automate our testing with Jest.
- Frontend: React/Redux, styled-components.
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Platform: Heroku, AWS, Ansible, Terraform.
- Tools and Processes: Git(Hub), Agile/SCRUM.
About the Role
You’ll be part of a small but growing team of engineers and take ownership of your work at every stage of the development lifecycle from concept through delivery. On a daily basis you can expect to:
- Engage with customers to solve the challenging and at times ambiguous problems they face in managing their business’s cash flow.
- Take a measured approach in balancing the tradeoffs between development cost and quality while delivering a product our users will love.
- Integrate with a growing number of e-commerce and financial apps, services, and APIs.
- Implement new features, forecasting algorithms, and data visualizations to solve the varying needs of our users.
- Work closely with everyone in the company including the founders, designers, and product manager.
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise as a software engineer who’s capable of taking on large, complex projects and reducing them into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Experience with TypeScript or other typed programming languages.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational databases, and data modeling.
- Strong experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- High level of interest or experience with finance, algorithms, and/or data mining.
- Desire to constantly learn and grow both personally and professionally.
An especially strong candidate may also have one or more of the following:
- Portfolio of past work and/or open-source contributions.
- Familiarity with Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
- Familiarity with finance, accounting, statistics, or other mathematics disciplines.
- Experience working in startups.