Sr. Ruby Full Stack Developer
- Remote, Remote, Costa Rica
Log(n), founded in 2010, specializes in staff augmentation by helping our customers fill critical technical roles to reach their development goals. But we don’t just fill your open engineering roles - we partner with each of our customers to provide high quality remote engineers that become a real part of your team.
Our team consists of passionate engineers. We focus on design, quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
Our customers include companies like Hired, Homesuite, Kabam, Pearson, and Revinate.
Log(n) is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Costa Rica.
Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- 3+ years experience full-stack development building real world web applications
- Extensive experience with unit and integration tests, using technologies such as Rspec and Capybara
- Experience using various database systems, both in production and warehousing capacities, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift
- Exemplary communication skills; able to map problem-solution space and explain possible solutions to non-technical team members
- Experience designing and architecting systems and applications
- Experience with event-driven/message-driven architectures
- Passion for learning new technologies fast
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE
- Experience on a growth, acquisition or marketing / sales support team. (B2C or B2B is fine - our team supports both!)
- Experience in startups or pre-IPO companies.
- Experience with one or more of the following: A/B testing, referral programs, SEO, paid marketing tech, in-product conversion rate optimization, user analytics, email marketing.
- Read the above list and got excited about other ideas we should consider exploring.
- Experience in a high cadence environment, tempered by belief in consistent process, code quality and sane work hours.
- Comfortable writing “just enough” code for prototypes and experiments, and comfortable deleting that code when experiments fail.
- An empathy for our candidates and employers. and a desire to learn more about them.
- A data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Private Health insurance
- Flexible schedule with extreme importance to quality of work rather than number of hours spent.
- Team lunches once per week
- Fun, casual work environment with stocked kitchen and lounge areas
- Referral Bonus
- Team Activities
- Work From Home (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)