- Remote, Remote, Costa Rica
Log(n), founded in 2010, specializes in staff augmentation by helping our customers fill critical technical roles to reach their development goals. But we don’t just fill your open engineering roles - we partner with each of our customers to provide high quality remote engineers that become a real part of your team.
Our team consists of passionate engineers. We focus on design, quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
Our customers include companies like Hired, Homesuite, Kabam, Pearson, and Revinate.
Log(n) is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Costa Rica.
We are looking for a Mid Level Java Developer to join our team at LogN. As part of a growing, fast-paced startup, you will have an opportunity to work collaboratively with our product management, user experience, marketing, and customer service specialists to help extend and enrich our products. If you take pride in the quality of your work, enjoy collaborating and
working on a team, and ignored your mother when she told you to stop programming and go to bed, then join us!
- Develop new features our client's online events platform using Java, Spring, GWT, Akka, and MySQL.
- Write code that enables users to create, market, manage and participate in online events hosted on the platform.
- Support our marketing and events management teams as needed.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Minimum 3 years Experience developing web applications with Java and relational databases.
- Experience in at least one other programming/scripting language
- Experience with Spring or other DI/IOC framework
- Experience with RESTful Webservices.
- Proficiency writing unit tests with Junit.
- Demonstrate comfort with UNIX command-line activities
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team.
- Experience working with Git version control system.
- Experience in a startup or similar work environment.
- Familiarity with agile development practices such a continuous integration and test-driven development.
- Knowledge of Object Relational Mapping (ORM) concepts and experience with Java
- Persistence API (JPA) and Spring data
- Experience with GWT.
- Experience with cloud-deployed infrastructure (AWS or equivalent)
- Experience with Ruby.
- Experience with the Akka framework.
Private Medical Insurance
WFH 5 days a week
Team Activities and perks (monthly UberEats lunch, etc.)
Assistance with home office setup, if required
Generous PTO including and Birthday PTO