Senior Ruby Full Stack Developer
- Calle Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica
Log(n), founded in 2010, specializes in staff augmentation by helping our customers fill critical technical roles to reach their development goals. But we don’t just fill your open engineering roles - we partner with each of our customers to provide high quality remote engineers that become a real part of your team.
Our team consists of passionate engineers. We focus on design, quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
Our customers include companies like Hired, Homesuite, Kabam, Pearson, and Revinate.
Log(n) is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices in Costa Rica.
Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Design robust, scalable, and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Proven working experience in software development
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with other developers and teams
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- 3+ years experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Strong knowledge of engineering design patterns
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC and RESTful
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc)
- Familiarity with security best practices (avoid security risks like Cross-Site Request Forgery and SQL Injection)
- Private Health insurance
- Flexible schedule with extreme importance to quality of work rather than number of hours spent.
- Team lunches once per week
- Possibility to travel to the US (San Francisco,California) up to several times a year
- Fun, casual work environment with stocked kitchen and lounge areas
- Referral Bonus
- Team Activities
- Work From Home (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)