Industrial Engineer (3PL, Warehouse, Lean Operations, Optimization)
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency over cart-picking operations by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots, while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System and using and optimizing existing facility infrastructure. This is an opportunity to be join a very smart team deploying cutting-edge technology to address real-world logistics challenges for major global brands.
We are seeking an Industrial Engineer with a passion for robotics and innovation, as well as a successful track of continuous improvement practices and warehouse optimization in a fast-paced environment. The role will also include ensuring site top performances are achieved by optimizing customers KPIs, processes and locus design relative to the picking operation. You will also be developing tools to support the continuous improvement process as well as interact frequently with customers operations teams and stakeholders.
- Performance and KPI analysis: Prepare detailed analytical reports on key performance indicators to identify opportunities for improvement around the Locus Robotics picking operations. Identify and improve linkages between data points. Interpret and transform data into meaningful information that can be acted upon.
- Process Optimization: Use Voice of the Customer as well as onsite direct observations to provide recommendations on processes improvements and optimization to maximize the robots’ efficiency and picking productivity. Work with the internal team to implement such recommendations.
- Design: Work on post-sales solutions design efforts around locus operation layout design and tote design. Collaborate with the sales team to understand initial requirements. Work with the customer to identify the best optimal solution from a layout stand point.
- Tools: Develop or enhance tools and methodology to support the optimization process across multiple customers.
- Product enhancement: Use Voice of the Customer to provide feedback back to engineering around new product features or enhancement of existing ones.
- Customers Interaction: Interact with a variety of customers, including 3PLs, retail, e-commerce, automotive and life science. Communicate and present to different customers stakeholders, including corporate executives and site operators.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the Logistics field, preferably e-commerce.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the field of data analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and Word.
- AutoCAD, SQL and Power BI is a plus.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Entrepreneurial, ownership mindset and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize projects to meet deadlines.
- Travel up to 50%.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer