Senior Network Programmer
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is searching for a talented Senior Network Programmer to join our Robotics Software Team. Locus Robotics’ technology enables robots to communicate with our servers in real time. This provides an opportunity for our software developers to improve and expand our robot communication network. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices. We can also hire remote employees anywhere Canada or the EU.
- Design and refine real-time network communication systems for the Locus robot fleet.
- Design, develop, and maintain these systems in constrained networking environments.
- Work cross functionally to identify and resolve issues in network throughput and reliability.
- 3+ years of experience working with C++.
- Experience working with the TCP and UDP stacks in high-performance environments.
- Experience with the Linux network stack, and wireless supplicants.
- Familiarity with ROS, ROS2, or DDS is a plus (but no robotics experience is required).
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer