Robotics Software Engineer, Perception
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is searching for a talented Robotics Software Engineer, focusing on perception, to work on our cutting-edge practical robotics solution in use in dozens of ecommerce order fulfilment sites around the world. The successful candidate for this role will have experience writing localization algorithms and state machines that help coordinate robot operations. Experience in general robotics is a plus, but not necessary for this role.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices.
- Optimize existing sensor processing pipelines
- Design and implement state machines that coordinate robot operations
- Investigate system failures and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Robotics (or a related discipline), or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in C++ and Python
- Familiarity with robotic systems, ROS, and Linux.
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer