Senior Robotics Software Engineer, Localization & Mapping
- Wilmington, MA, USA
Locus Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing eCommerce order fulfillment optimization space. Our solution helps warehouse owners attain 2-3X efficiency improvement over cart-picking operations, by empowering pickers to work collaboratively with our robots. All this is accomplished while integrating with the operator’s Warehouse Management System, utilizing and optimizing existing facility infrastructure.
Locus Robotics is searching for a talented Senior Software Engineer to focus on localization and mapping algorithms to improve the accuracy of robot navigation in our operational environment. The successful candidate for this role will have a passion for localization and mapping, as applied to a cutting-edge practical robotics solution in use in dozens of ecommerce order fulfilment sites around the world. Our robots operate in a variety of dynamic, complex and rapidly-evolving warehouse environments, creating the need for robust mapping and localization solutions.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a fast-growing company that has developed a leading commercial AMR solution in the logistics industry.
This role can be remote, or onsite or hybrid at either our Wilmington, MA or Amsterdam, NL offices.
- Design and implement sensor models for standard robot sensors: IMUs, wheel encoders, laser scans, cameras, etc.
- Improve the existing SLAM software, including support for multi-robot mapping and semi-supervised exploration, and life-long mapping
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Extensive knowledge of sensor fusion, localization, and mapping techniques.
- Proficient in C++. Knowledge of Python a plus.
- Proficient with ROS
Locus Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer