- 3601 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704, USA
Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE is a highly analytical, experienced, and collaborative engineer who has the hunger to achieve something great. You'll be joining an early stage company that is growing at an accelerating rate. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Living Security fix security awareness, but because you want to make an impact. You will be responsible for new and innovative software development and design of beautiful user interfaces and experiences. You will work in a highly collaborative environment across many subject areas, focusing heavily on building out custom data visualization tools. You will work on cutting edge technologies - understanding and inventing new designs and integration patterns along the way. You are the ideal candidate if you possess a high degree of business insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, the ability to develop strong peer relationships, and a strong technical learning capability and focus.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with agile teams to deliver high-quality, testable software
- Develop applications and tools by producing clean, efficient code
- Estimate and design work that is just-in-time and sized in small increments
- Perform root cause analysis, do technology evaluations, and develop quick prototype
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work and deliver on their commitments
- Report status of assigned software development and/or maintenance tasks
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodology
- Promote improvements in programming practices such as acceptance test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Perform Code Reviews
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with the majority spent building web application front-ends
- 3+ years experience with React
- Significant experience working with data and building complex data visualizations with open source libraries such as D3.js
- Strong understanding of user needs and an ability translate those needs into clean user interfaces and workflows
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like SASS, LESS, SCSS
- Experience deploying single-page web applications to AWS, and optimizing the delivery of web application artifacts via AWS services such as Cloudfront or Amplify.
- Knowledge of TDD, automated testing principles, and testing best practices
- Experience using Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Proficiency in Python, Java, or another server-side programming language
- Experience building web front-ends that are rendered server-side (such as ERB templating with Ruby on Rails)
- Some professional experience building production systems other than web applications
- Experience building and embedding visualizations from BI tools such as Amazon QuickSight
- 2+ years developing 12 factor apps including crafting and implementing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery
- 3+ years utilizing platform and infrastructure as a service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc)
- Experience following accessibility standards (meeting WCAG Level AA standards), semantic markup, structured CSS (BEM/OOCSS/etc), browser compatibility standards, and development of interfaces with progressive enhancement and graceful degradation as requirements
- Experience with AWS, and ideally with AWS serverless compute such as Lambda and Step Functions.
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.