Senior Data Engineer
- 3601 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!
As our dream candidate, you have the technical engineering chops and soft skills to communicate highly complex data trends to organizational leaders in a way that’s easy to understand, and you have a rare curiosity and creativity. You're genuinely excited about data infrastructure and operations with a familiarity working in cloud environments, building data pipelines, and ETL. You'll collaborate with data architects on the vision and execution of our data platform.
You're willing to jump right in to help the company get the most out of our data!
- 8+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- 5+ years of experience developing complex batch and streaming ETL pipelines
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency in SQL and with relational databases such as Postgres
- Significant experience designing, building, and maintaining data warehouses
- Significant experience with AWS data processing services, such as Athena, Glue, and Kinesis Data Streams.
- Experience building complex stream-processing systems
- Knowledge of TDD, automated testing principles, and testing best practices
- Strong familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A deep understanding of data modelling, and experience with data engineering tools and platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Experience using Git
- Proficiency in Java
- Professional certifications
- Experience processing data from cybersecurity products is a big plus
- Experience with AWS serverless compute, such as Lambda, Batch, and Step Functions
- Experience with DynamoDB or other NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, and/or Hadoop
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, ideally utilizing AWS CDK
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.