- 3595 Ranch Rd 620 S, Austin, TX 78738, USA
Founded in 2017, Living Security’s mission is to help prevent cybersecurity breaches with a human risk management solution that does more than meet compliance needs, it also truly changes behavior. Living Security believes empowering people is the key to ending cybersecurity breaches, picking up where traditional security awareness training drops off. Gamified learning and immersive experiences engage and educate users, while the science-backed, tech-enabled platform uniquely provides CISOs the ability to measure training efficacy and program ROI.
Named one of Austin’s Best Places to Work, the Living Security team is composed of 50+ cybersecurity professionals committed to transforming security awareness training as we know it and turning end users into the enterprise’s greatest asset against cybercrime. Living Security is trusted by security-minded organizations like CVS Health, MasterCard, Verizon, MassMutual, Biogen, AmerisourceBergen, Hewlett Packard, JP Morgan, and Target. Learn more at www.livingsecurity.com.
While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE has the hunger to achieve something great. You'll join a startup experiencing rapid growth near the start of it all. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Living Security fix security awareness, but because you are in a hurry to have an impact.
- Work within, and sometimes across, agile teams - a product manager, a designer, and engineers - executing on the delivery of crucial features
- Get to know customers and users intimately. Understand their problems and challenges in order to design user experiences that drive engagement and increase retention
- Prototype ideas at various levels of fidelity and test them with representative users so you can iterate towards excellence
- Collaborate with other designers and developers to implement and maintain Living Security’s design system upholding design best practices and a consistent UX/UI across the product
- Communicate your designs and their underlying rationale clearly to clients and other team members through artifacts including site maps, journey maps, storyboards, and usability test reports
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver intuitive, elegant, and delightful visual designs for responsive web and mobile applications
- Lead workshops and design sprints
- Work with engineers throughout the development process to ensure that the correct product, with all of the fine details, gets built to design specifications
You are the perfect candidate if you have prior experience translating your early design concepts through to released products in partnership with functions including engineering, domain/subject matter experts, and product management. You also have a balanced mix of interaction design, information architecture, visual design, usability testing, and prototyping skills
- 3+ years of experience in software UI design creating artifacts including low- through high-fidelity mockups, interactive prototypes, and journey maps.
- 3+ years of experience designing the software UI of enterprise-level B2B or B2C applications that support users who are performing complex, technical tasks.
- 3+ years experience as an embedded designer within cross-functional agile teams consisting of product managers and engineers.
- 2+ years experience in planning, conducting, or participating in UX generative and evaluative research to discover user needs, define workflows and use cases, and iteratively refine prototypes. Representative research activities include contextual inquiry, semi-structured interviews, and scenario-based usability testing
- Owner of an online portfolio that represents your (non-confidential) latest and greatest work including an example of a product design flow with a high level of craftsmanship
- Mastery of prototyping and design tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Holder of a degree or certification in design, human-computer interaction, human factors/ergonomics, software engineering, or experimental or cognitive psychology; or have equivalent experience in product design and user experience principles and methods.
Perks of Living Security:
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k), HSA with employer contribution, FSA
- Financial Wellness Program/Financial Advisor
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Responsible unlimited PTO policy and paid holidays
- Gender-neutral parental leave
- Some work remote and flex-time options
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.