(Open to Remote) Mid-Senior Java Spring Boot
- 3595 Ranch Rd 620 S, Austin, TX 78738, USA
Living Security helps organizations protect their sensitive data by reducing their #1 cybersecurity risk, human error. WE BELIEVE in security for the sake of the person. Computers will always augment human judgment, not the other way around. WE CREATE intelligence-driven security learning content that trains users to identify and react to current and emerging threats. WE DELIVER a meaningful experience, grounded in behavioral science, that is easy to understand and hard to forget.
We are a fast growing, venture funded startup. While we take our mission seriously, we have a lot of fun while executing!
We are looking for a mid-level full-stack developer with emphasis on back-end tech and experience delivering customer-facing software in a fast-paced environment.
Our back-end tech is primarily Java Spring Boot. The ideal candidate should have experience building web applications with Spring Boot and have a strong working knowledge of SQL and ORM tech such as Hibernate and/or JPA. A strong understanding of REST is desired. Understanding of different auth schemes and delivery is highly desired, such as SAML, OIDC, JWT.
Experience building and delivering production applications with a modern front-end framework such as Angular or React is required.
You will work on a team with other engineers but must also be comfortable working autonomously with minimal direction.
Day-to-day you will be contributing to our gamified e-learning platform helping to deliver performant streaming video, games, puzzles, scheduling, and contributing to our cybersecurity scoring algorithm. You will also be helping to develop the latest in gamified cybersecurity awareness technology.
This position is for a full-time developer who will work on-site in Bee Cave, Texas. But is open to remote depending on the candidate.
- Build performant software with strong attention to detail
- Participate in planning & requirements gathering
- Design, build, test, and deliver customer-facing features spanning both the front (when needed) and back-end
- Write clean, testable code
- Commit to and meet deadlines
- 2+ years experience building web applications within a framework such as Spring Boot
- 2+ years experience building web applications using Angular or React
- Strong understanding of REST
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL and when to use which
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong desire to contribute to the growth of a startup
- Responsible PTO policy
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Must live in the Austin area and be willing to commute to our office. Relocation will not be offered We are hiring immediately.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.