Human Resources Generalist
- Boston, MA, USA
The HR Generalist will have broad experience and strong abilities to support management and employees in multiple locations. Responsibilities include employee relations, recruiting, worker’s compensation, performance evaluations, HR reporting, and supporting the team on projects.
In addition, the HR Generalist will provide consultation to management regarding staff relations, as well as supporting policies, procedures and programs that ensure fairness and respect for individuals and legal compliance, and can communicate at all levels of management internally and externally.
- Oversee daily human resources functions and processing including workers’ compensation, unemployment claims, and employee relations.
- Oversee the day to day on leave programs and engage with employees on questions or needs
- Provide support to all levels of staff to promote employee engagement and provide guidance interpreting company policies, processes and programs
- Facilitate the recruiting process through effective collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure understanding and fulfillment of department and organizational needs
- Collaborate with leaders by providing coaching, solutions and support, for performance management processes
- Communicate actively with Accounting, Finance, Operations, HR and other departments to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Manage data in accordance with the company’s record retention policies and procedures and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related issues, records and company information.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, human resources, or similar, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- 5 years or more experience working in an HR Generalist or Business Partner role with broad responsibilities.
- Prior experience in HRIS systems and generating reports. Experience with Paychex preferred.
- Strong a skills with the ability to work through processes, identify and implement process improvements. Experienced with resolving complicated employee relations situations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills with an ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects while maintain a close attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Our client is an EEO employer. We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interview process easier. Should you need any accommodation, please let us know.