Educational Assessment Advisor
- Atlanta, GA
Who they are and why you should join them…
Our client is a leader in the publishing industry with a passion for developing innovative products, providing outstanding customer service, and giving back to the community. This privately held company takes great pride in hiring exceptional people and taking care of them.
It’s an ideal time to join these industry leaders and be a part of their future growth!
The Educational Assessment Advisor (EAA) is a client-dedicated role focused on promoting and supporting the company and distributed products throughout the largest school districts in the U.S.
The successful candidate will be a highly intelligent leader with proven abilities strengthening strategic relationships, improving perceptions, and growing market share, as well having a passion for helping people. The individual should understand the internal makings of a school district and stay abreast of broad trends at the state level as they impact practice within the districts.
A day in the life of the Educational Assessment Advisor consists of...
- Working with Director of Sales to develop a strategic approach to growing educational assessment markets.
- Cultivating relationships with decision makers in key school districts, supporting growth in assessment use and sales by providing education, advice, workshops, etc. Serves as resource to all educational assessment Customers. Contributes to “selling” strategies to meet overall sales objectives.
- Staying abreast of a wide range of assessment-related topics in order to develop quality presentations and workshops for both Customers and in-house staff.
- Actively fostering strong relationships with company authors, supporting their products as well as helping to identify opportunities for new products.
- Planning and scheduling/exhibiting product demonstrations at conferences and workshops and engages authors in state and national conference participation. Develops and sustains relationships with convention boards to help facilitate presentations.
- Working with the Marketing department to identify relevant conference and convention exhibit and sponsorship opportunities.
- Coordinating activities with in-house Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that market sales goals are met.
- Working collaboratively with all company staff to provide updates on product knowledge, industry trends, Customer concerns relating to products, and other continual learning activities that benefit the organization.
- Keeping abreast of competitors’ sales activities through personal interactions with competitor consultants, professional literature, listserv activity, Customer feedback, etc., and periodically provides reports on competitor activities to management.
- Identifying, recommending, and submitting new products and product modification ideas to Research & Development department.
- Demonstrating problem-solving skills and sound judgment in working with Customers, authors, and other staff.
You will meet and exceed these with the following...
- PhD, PsyD, PsyS, EdD, EdS, or Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, School Psychology; or equivalent
- 5+ years working within the educational assessment market segment is required
- 5+ years supporting and/or selling products to this market or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of market segment Customer preferences
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% and be in close proximity to a major airport
We look forward to getting to know you! Please be sure to:
- Complete your profile via our system
- Tell us about yourself through our video tool, https://hire.li/ab8105a