Director, People Development
- Tampa, FL
Who They Are and Why You Should Join Them...
Our client is a national service industry leader focused on a mission to grow their business and their people. They are looking for a Director, People Development with initiative to build strong capabilities that deliver on the people/business strategy in a people first culture. This role offers the opportunity for tremendous impact and influence as a trusted business partner for a private equity backed organization.
The Director, People Development will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of talent management and development programs resulting in an amazing employee experience that drives employee engagement and business results. This role provides a great opportunity for both vision and execution as our client further develops the people development (aka talent management) function for the organization.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has experience with talent development in fast growth organizations such as restaurant, retail or hospitality industry background, has strong business acumen, subject matter expertise in Leadership & Organizational Development, and a proven track record of building and leading a progressive talent development strategy.
A typical day in the life of the Director, People Development consists of…
- Partnering with business leaders, managers and employees to design and implement talent strategies as well as employee and leadership development programs for the organization
- Building and leading employee goal setting, performance assessment, performance development & career management processes and programs
- Driving business success through organizational and people development strategies & programs
- Designing, building, and ensuring the successful delivery of focused development content and curriculum for employees and managers across multiple locations throughout the U.S.
- Tracking and driving measures of success/impact such as: business results, ROI, enhanced talent pipeline and retention
- Designing, implementing and leading a scalable talent planning process for the Company that is actionable and drives measurable results
- Partnering with the SVP People to support annual talent programs such as the Talent Management Review, Succession Planning, etc.
- Partnering with the SVP People to be a talent expert across the organization, staying current on trends within talent management and engagement, sharing best practices and key findings
- Leading a team that is focused on delivering training to new hires that results in increased speed to competency & performance
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, organizational development or related field
- 10+ years’ of progressive HR talent development leadership experience; experience in the restaurant, retail or hospitality industry strongly preferred
- Must be a high energy, collaborative leader who has subject matter expertise in Leadership, Organizational & Career Development and a proven track record of working independently to build and implement effective talent initiatives
- Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organization and work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels
- Ability to analyze information to creatively solve problems, lead change and drive execution and results
- High energy with a positive, customer-centric attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce strategies/initiatives
- Ability to lead & drive organizational change initiatives from assessment through implementation
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination
Our client in an EEO employer. We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interview process easier. Should you need any accommodation, please let us know.