Software Engineer - Golang
- 35 McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1V7, Canada
Want to join a fast-growing IIoT company that is transforming an entire industry? Looking for an incredible technology career opportunity that allows you to help the best companies in the world realize the power of Industry 4.0? Want to join a remarkable team of talented and proven solution experts with great leaders who know how to win?
We are Litmus Automation, the purpose-built industrial edge computing company. Born in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, our products provide the real-time data industrial companies need to maximize the performance of critical operations.
We are in good company with Fortune 500 customers, partners and investors. We are an award-winning and innovative brand recognized by:
· Gartner 2020 & 2019 Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platforms
· MachNation: 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 1st Place IoT Edge Vendor
· Gartner 2018 Cool Vendor for IoT Platforms
· CEO award of the year award
· Frost & Sullivan: 2019 Product Innovation Award: Edge-to-Cloud IIoT Enablement Platform
- Develop high performance and highly scalable message-driven applications for Linux
- Write testable and highly reliable code
- As part of a highly efficient delivery team, participating in planning and design activities
- Experience with development of message-driven applications
- Experience with one or more messaging protocols and message brokers - MQTT, AMQP, NATS, NCQ, Kafka, etc,
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks, i.e CPU caches, Linux caches and optimizations
- Experience with writing C/C++ applications
- Understanding of REST and gRPC APIs.
Bonus skillset - System Programming
- Understanding of systemd, d-bus, socket activation
- Understanding of Linux Networking stack, i.e. Netlink interface, systemd-networkd, etc.
- Understanding of different encryption, digital signature, authentication and authorization technologies
- Understanding of application packaging - deb, rpm, etc
- Previous C/C++ programming experience
- Understanding of Linux boot process and UEFI
- Understanding of TPM and root of trust concept
Bonus skillset - Industrial Protocols
- Understanding some of the industrial protocols (i.e. Modbus, Ethernet/IP, CANbus, BACnet, etc.)
- Understanding of real-time applications
Bonus skillset - Virtualization
- Understanding virtualization and container technologies - livirt, lxc/lxd, Docker, kvm, etc.
- Experience with license management systems
Bonus skills - Other
- Experience with python
- Experience with ML
Standard benefits included (medical, dental, vision, suppl.), travel stipend, great snacks, company outings & potential for stock options.