- 35 McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1V7, Canada
Want to join a fast-growing IIoT company that is transforming an entire industry? Looking for an incredible technology career opportunity that allows you to help the best companies in the world realize the power of Industry 4.0? Want to join a remarkable team of talented and proven solution experts with great leaders who know how to win?
We are Litmus Automation, the purpose-built industrial edge computing company. Born in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, our products provide the real-time data industrial companies need to maximize the performance of critical operations.
We are in good company with Fortune 500 customers, partners and investors. We are an award-winning and innovative brand recognized by:
· Gartner 2020 & 2019 Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platforms
· MachNation: 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018 1st Place IoT Edge Vendor
· Gartner 2018 Cool Vendor for IoT Platforms
· CEO award of the year award
· Frost & Sullivan: 2019 Product Innovation Award: Edge-to-Cloud IIoT Enablement Platfor
About The Role – Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer is senior client facing role that requires a minimum of 8+ years of technical experience in the manufacturing sector. You will play a starring role in the Litmus sales cycle, drawing on your expertise to show the value that an IIoT platform can bring a customer. You have a keen understanding of what happens on a factory floor in both discrete and batch production processes and you understand the broader ecosystem of industrial software such as MES/MOM, CMMS, SCADA, Historians, etc.
Your most important contribution will be your ability to understand the technical challenges that customers are experiencing with Industry 4.0 and IT/OT integration projects, and then to show how the Litmus platform bring value. You will design applications, demo the product, field technical questions, deploy small pilots, and facilitate valuable business interactions.
- Perform high-level analysis of prospects business processes, procedures and requirements in preparation for solution presentations. Ability to uncover, understand and capture business and technical requirements.
- Prepare custom, detailed solution presentations based on the findings and understanding of the customers’ business requirements. Deliver product solution demonstrations in support of the sales process.
- Work with Account Executives to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of sales activities and strategies.
- Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding additional products including gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
- Liaison with Product Management and Development to understand details of product direction and communicate information back to sales organization.
- Communicate with Product Management and Development to provide valuable field input into new product requirements.
- Staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical issues. This includes participating in internal software testing, delivering internal training and providing support for Value Added Resellers as necessary.
- Work with colleagues to enhance and maintain the quality and effectiveness of demonstration scenarios. - Ensure smooth pre sales to implementation account transitions by facilitating "handoff" process with a focus on continuous customer satisfaction.
- Provide sales with ongoing support in fulfillment of RFI's, RFP's and other customer/prospect driven requests.
- Where necessary, engage marketing and field pre sales to deliver webinars including recorded or live demonstrations.
- Provide assistance and expertise to Value Added Resellers during the sales cycle to include analysis of prospects business requirements, solution architecture and solution presentations.
- Attend conferences, participate in Customer Meetings and Customer Focus Groups to stay on top of changes in business issues, requirements, regulations and technology to understand where the market is going. Participate in local, national and international Customer User Group conferences.
You are motivated, intelligent, personable, creative, and ambitious - but most of all you want your work to matter. You are excited by technology, you are great with people, and you excel in a team environment.
You will also need to be a culture fit – ours is built on honesty, hard work, integrity, teamwork and respect for others.
You like to tinker with gadgets and you are totally comfortable around a Raspberry Pi.
Finally, you are passionate about being a part of the fourth industrial revolution.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering.
- 8+ years of technical experience in the manufacturing or industrial sector in IT, OT, Automation, Process Control, Continuous Improvement, or related field.
- Previous experience as a sales engineer or in a technical sales role highly desired.
- Experience with IIot or IoT applications, projects, or platforms is a strong asset.
- Technical skills in Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure with the major vendors such as Azure, AWS, GCP, and Cloudera.
- VMWare and Inter-Networking, familiar with Cloud Object Storage and Kubernetes/Container solutions.
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.).
- Basic understanding and experience with databases SQL or NoSQL.
Standard benefits included (medical, dental, vision, suppl.), travel stipend, great snacks, company outings.