- 35 McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1V7, Canada
Want to join a fast-growing IIoT company that is transforming an entire industry? Looking for an incredible technology career opportunity that allows you to help the best companies in the world realize the power of Industry 4.0? Want to join a remarkable team of talented and proven solution experts with great leaders who know how to win?
We are Litmus Automation, the purpose-built industrial edge computing company. Born in the heart of Silicon Valley in San Jose, California, our products provide the real-time data industrial companies need to maximize the performance of critical operations.
We are in good company with Fortune 500 customers, partners and investors. We are an award-winning and innovative brand recognized by:
- Gartner: 2019 Magic Quadrant for Industrial IoT Platforms and 2018 Cool Vendor for IoT Platforms
- Frost & Sullivan: 2019 Product Innovation Award: Edge-to-Cloud IIoT Enablement Platform
- MachNation: 2019 and 2018 Leading IoT Edge Vendor
We just completed a Series A round of financing and are excited to recruit exceptional people to join our team and help us continue our strong momentum and growth trajectory.
About The Role – Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer role is client facing and works closely with the sales team to help convert potential customers into happy customers and end-users. You will play a critical role in the sales cycle by helping to show prospects and interested buyers how the LoopEdge platform can be deployed to solve their particular business problems. You will design applications, demo the product, field technical questions, and facilitate valuable business interactions.
- Perform high-level analysis of prospects business processes, procedures and requirements in preparation for solution presentations. Ability to uncover, understand and capture business and technical requirements.
- Prepare custom, detailed solution presentations based on the findings and understanding of the customers’ business requirements. Deliver product solution demonstrations in support of the sales process.
- Work with Account Executives to provide product, business and technical knowledge in support of sales activities and strategies.
- Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding additional products including gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
- Liaison with Product Management and Development to understand details of product direction and communicate information back to sales organization.
- Communicate with Product Management and Development to provide valuable field input into new product requirements.
- Staying abreast of product roadmap as well as understanding the scenarios, features and functions within each of the products and how these are applied to address business and technical issues. This includes participating in internal software testing, delivering internal training and providing support for Value Added Resellers as necessary.
- Work with colleagues to enhance and maintain the quality and effectiveness of demonstration scenarios. - Ensure smooth pre sales to implementation account transitions by facilitating "handoff" process with a focus on continuous customer satisfaction.
- Provide sales with ongoing support in fulfillment of RFI's, RFP's and other customer/prospect driven requests.
- Where necessary, engage marketing and field pre sales to deliver webinars including recorded or live demonstrations.
- Provide assistance and expertise to Value Added Resellers during the sales cycle to include analysis of prospects business requirements, solution architecture and solution presentations.
- Attend conferences, participate in Customer Meetings and Customer Focus Groups to stay on top of changes in business issues, requirements, regulations and technology to understand where the market is going. Participate in local, national and international Customer User Group conferences.
You are motivated, intelligent, personable, creative, and ambitious - but most of all you want your work to matter. You are excited by technology, you are great with people, and you excel in a team environment. You will also need to be a culture fit – ours is built on honesty, hard work, integrity, teamwork and respect for others.
- BS/MS degree in Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with IIot or IoT applications, projects, or platforms is a strong asset.
- Experience/understanding of electronic system controls/PLC’s-motor control highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of industrial communications networks such as EthernetIP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, ProfiNet, Profibus, and Modbus.
- Must have experience with PLCs, and DCS control systems. Experience in at least some of the following technologies is highly desirable: Emerson DeltaV, Siemens, Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, Omron, Cutler Hammer, Mitsubishi.
- Experience with Instrumentation (Pressure, Temperature, PH, DO, Flow) and Control Wiring ( 480/120VAC, 24/10 VDC).
- Experience with communication wiring and protocols (Profibus, Fieldbus, Device Net, Ethernet, Serial).
- Technical skills in Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure setup with IBM Cloud (SoftLayer) and/or AWS , Azure, VMWare and Inter-Networking, familiar with Cloud Object Storage and Kubernetes/Container solutions.
- Experience with APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Basic understanding and experience with databases SQL or NoSQL
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
Standard benefits included (medical, dental, vision, suppl.), travel stipend, great snacks, company outings.