Software Enineer - Golang
- 141 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5V 2R2, Canada
Litmus Automation bridges the gap between data in the field or factory and business applications for companies looking to implement Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions. Litmus is an IoT Edge and Cloud provider with 2 main products, LoopEdge and Loop. LoopEdge is a secure edge-level Gateway software to seamlessly collect data from nearly all PLCs, industrial devices and systems, while providing the ability to run applications at the edge (analytics, CEP, Database, etc.). The processed data can then be sent up to the LoopCloud platform for data normalization, device management, 3rd party application integration, visualization and analysis. Working with original equipment manufacturers and other industrial companies, Litmus Automation’s proven IIoT solutions offer data and device management so companies can optimize both how they run their business and how their customers’ businesses operate. Litmus Automation customers include 10+ Fortune 500 Manufacturing companies, while partners like HPE, Intel and SNC Lavalin expand the company’s path to market. For more information about Litmus Automation, go to www.litmusautomation.com.
- Develop high performance and highly scalable message-driven applications for Linux
- Write testable and highly reliable code
- As part of a highly efficient delivery team, participating in planning and design activities
- Experience with development of message-driven applications
- Experience with one or more messaging protocols and message brokers - MQTT, AMQP, NATS, NCQ, Kafka, etc,
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks, i.e CPU caches, Linux caches and optimizations
- Experience with writing C/C++ applications Understanding of REST and gRPC APIs.
Bonus skillset - System Programming
- Understanding of systemd, d-bus, socket activation
- Understanding of Linux Networking stack, i.e. Netlink interface, systemd-networkd, etc.
- Understanding of different encryption, digital signature, authentication and authorization technologies
- Understanding of application packaging - deb, rpm, etc
- Previous C/C++ programming experience Understanding of REST and gRPC APIs.
- Understanding of Linux boot process and UEFI Understanding of TPM and root of trust concept
Bonus skillset - Industrial Protocols
- Understanding some of the industrial protocols (i.e. Modbus, Ethernet/IP, CANbus, BACnet, etc.)
- Understanding of real-time applications Bonus skillset - Virtualization
- Understanding virtualization and container technologies - livirt, lxc/lxd, Docker, kvm, etc. Experience with license management systems
Bonus skills - Other
- Experience with python Experience with ML
Base salary + variable compensation.
Standard benefits included (medical, dental, vision, suppl.), travel stipend, great snacks, company outings.
The culture is based on honesty, hard work, integrity, teamwork & respect.
Our mission is to help organizations innovate. We want to transform how they deploy and monetize Internet of Things solutions to create a smarter, connected ecosystem for their customers. We’re working to spread intelligence by enabling smarter solutions and improve lives. To keep up with this mission, we look for amazing people, who are humble, self-motivated, focused and above all – team players.