- 1145 W 5th St, Austin, TX 78703, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Literati, we believe in the power of great books. We’re on a mission to ignite a love of learning and a love of life by curating transformative literary experiences for every reader: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, of any age. There are some stories no child should live without and no adult should ever forget.
As a Data Scientist on the Analytics team, you’ll solve high-impact business problems in a fast-paced environment. Most of your work will focus on member retention and delighting our customers through app and product improvements. You’ll partner with product managers and business stakeholders to provide in-depth or quick analysis depending on the context. Our analytics team is small but growing, and we’re looking for someone willing to own a problem beyond just analysis, someone willing to take on some data engineering, visualization, and stakeholder management. As our team grows, you’ll have the opportunity to specialize more in product, operations, or heavy algorithms.
WE’RE GOOD AT:
Bringing the fire. We are a startup, with all the fierce dedication and sparkling energy to accomplish great feats. Iron sharpens iron, and so we’ve refined our teams from only the strongest metals: open minds, bright ideas, and bold determination.
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
- Understanding business problems and uncovering the implied needs of our members
- Applying quantitative analysis and modeling to decision-making with varying requirements for statistical power
- Partnering with stakeholders to ensure your work is implementedIdentifying relevant information and finding the true scope of a data science problem
- Optimizing your time to have the most impact
YOU WILL NEED:
- Strong Python skills using typical libraries like Pandas, scikit-learn, and scipy
- Deep theoretical and practical understanding of typical machine learning algorithms, statistical models, and optimization
- Advanced SQL skills, experience in Postgres or with Snowflake preferred
- Experience presenting data to senior leadership succinctly and persuasively
- Ability to own your modeling work from business understanding to implementation
- Product analytics experience focusing on retention and understanding app user behavior, including extensive A/B testing
- Excellent data visualization skills, preferably in Looker and/or Python notebooks
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with Product Managers
- Experience gaining insight from unstructured data using neural networks
- Experience with supply chain logistics and/or marketing is a plus
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Solving business problems and finding opportunities through quantitative analysis
- Meeting with leadership to understand opportunity areas for analysis
- Working closely with data engineering to architect an analytics database
- Prioritizing your work and following up with stakeholders to ensure your analysis makes its way into decision making
We seek people with drive and a touch of alchemy—and if that sounds like you, you should join us. Even if your experience isn’t a precise match for the role, passion and prowess will always win the day in our book. And if your career has taken you to some spectacular (or spectacularly strange) places? We love a good story.
At Literati, we value the power of reading for all: anyone who dreams, anyone who wonders, anyone of any age, from any background. We are dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness that sees, reflects, welcomes, and celebrates the innovation and talent of a diverse array of people.